April 4th 2010 - Mum is starting to pick up!

1 minute read time.

As I hoped mum started to pick up on Friday and we even had a couple of hours at Boundary Mill which she really enjoyed.  On Saturday and today she slept until almost 12pm!  I know this is because she is relaxed knowing I'm in the house.  She still seems to have a bit of a fear of staying in bed when I'm not at home.  She has not had to go back to bed today for a nap which is a good sign and she is now sitting watching Frost with a wee whisky.

I've spent the last two days working solidly on the school timetable.  I should get it finished tomorrow and then we should be able to get out and about for a couple of days before she sees the oncologist for her scan results on Thursday.  I know she is anxious, as I am, that the results are good.  She keeps saying she'll die if they're not because we won't be able to go on holiday.  We normally have 2 or 3 holidays a year and we're fed up that we've not been away since August last year which was when mum became ill.  So getting out will hopefully take her mind off of it.

Please keep her in your thoughts on Thursday and if you pray, spare a prayer for mum.  She is doing so well but I know if the results are not good it will floor her.  I'll post my next blog on Thursday and let you all know.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline...good luck for thursday...i hope your mums results are good news...i bet you all need a holiday. I had to cancel 2 last year and a 4 day hen party in Malaga..so we are really ready for ours in june this year...we're off to Majorca for a week...and i cant wait.

My real life is slowly returning...i booked the hol in feb after being told my last scan was clear and im returning to work tomorrow after 11mnths and 1 week off sick..im so looking forward to it..shorter hours at first and light duties..but to me it means getting back into a normal routine after a year of uncertainty.

I'l be thinking of you on thursday..i pray it will be good news and you can get your holiday booked...you all deserve it..take care..love Sharon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Caroline - glad your Mum has picked up a bit, as you say I'm sure she's comforted to have you around in the day. I really hope and pray the news is good on Thursday. All the best to you both. Val X