My mothers carer.

• Mad Mandy's happy Monday!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Left the house at 7-30 this morning...urgh was hard work I can tell you, probably because I'd had 1 extra brandy ( bad influences on this site..!!) Sainsburys first port of call to do mums shopping and I must say, it was bliss scooting round without it being packed with screaming kiddies, why are they allowed to scream? But then again it could be me that makes them scream when I pull faces at them!? Off to post office…
  • Sad..

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Mother is very sad about uncle going into the nursing home. She's lost and lonely. When she passes his chair and he's not in it..she says the house is too quiet because he's not rambling away! She also keeps thinking she can hear him in the night.. After all the pain and upset she's caused me over the years, I still feel so sorry for her at the mo..it must be awful being in the house they've shared for over 30 years…
  • Brain tumours !

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    .8-15 am mother rang to say uncle had fallen out of bed again! I chucked on my clothes. Made Andy breakfast and a sarnie for lunch( cos I knew it was gonna be a long day) Set off for mothers, why don't children walk to school anymore? All the mums driving the kids to school drove me mad. The carer had been and left by the time I'd got there, she had got him back into bed and changed his pad but that's about all, mother…
  • Tuesday's are meant for running away!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Don't remember which of us, me or Andy suggested it, but we decided to have a day off from everything! I lied to mother and told her I had to work in the office all day, if I told her we were going to have some time to ourselves I would have had some comment along the lines of ' alright for some' or ' yes just leave me to cope alone'!! So we just put our coats on, got in the car and buzzed off... We had a FAB day…
  • Brain tumours and Dementia

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Two whole days of constant ramblings from Gt Uncle, for anybody who's seen my other posts you will know we have had the queen mother at the back door ( but he was very disappointed in her hat!) we've had ships going passed the front of the house! Then there were foxes in the garden, then ants all over the kitchen, on the wall on the floor on his hands..so there was me mother and Gt Uncle all stamping on these ( invisible…