My mothers carer.

• Mothers/funerals/Ava/new kitchen!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well what a busy time it's been, I feel as though I'm in a whirlwind and just want everything to slow down! Uncles funeral was brilliant ( strange description, I know) the sun was shining, the service was lovely and my little talk on uncle went down very well, I just talked about his funny little ways like how he told everyone in the queue his pin code, he had no idea it should be a secret and how he always greeted me…
  • A send off for uncle H.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Gosh so much as happened I don't really know where to start, uncles funeral is next Thursday, so have got my teeth into sorting that out. I didn't realise just how much ther is to do and all in the space of a few days..makes me wonder how and why some of those big fancy weddings take so long to sort out? There's going to be a representative from his regiment, he will have the flag on his coffin (mothers orders) and the…
  • Celebration of a true gentleman..

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As most of you know uncle passed away today,I was with him for 3 hours just holding his hand and talking to him. I knew he was going to die and was prepared ( in my own way) for it. I said all the things I wanted to say to him and thought long and hard about staying another hour. Rightly or wrongly I decided to leave him. Drove home to hear the house phone ringing..it was the nursing home, he'd passed away an hour after…

• Weary..

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This is the third time of trying to post this, if it doesn't work this time..I'm going to bed! Shit day, took mother to visit uncle in the nursing home, he's very poorly, in fact he's dying. So mother did the whole drama queen, wailing etc! Spent three hours stroking his hand and whispering in his ear our secret code for I Love You. Mother demands a sandwich from the carer cos she's hungry ( she's got more front…
  • Mothers carer!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Not written for ages, life seems to just whizz by and befor you know it a month or so has passed by. Uncle really has been the priority this passed month, having had to put him into emergency respite because it was just too hard keeping him at home with mother.but after about 10 days in there he was admitted to hospital, so he's been in there for over 3 weeks now while they sorted out different problems. He celebrated…