My Cancer diary

• Day 84

FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a difference a day can make, thats all I can say.  My poorly wife has been better today, not 100% but at least she has eaten.  Myself, I have had a good day today.  I think not having a treatment for a couple of days gives you a real lift, I have heard that you can bounce back from the chemo and radio at weekends - whereas yesterday I still felt washed out and not entirely right, today has been a different matter.  

• Day 83

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterdays was a somewhat short entry to my diary - its not that nothing happened, its just that I really didn't feel like writing much.  Today has been a better day, of sorts, I have managed to eat better (more on that in a moment) and the nausea hasn't been as bad.  

One thing has cropped up though - how on earth do I tell the difference between nausea caused by the chemotherapy and nausea caused by a stomach bug…

• Day 81

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its been a day of ups and downs really, got another radio session out of the way without incident, had quite a nice quiet day with the kids (who have been really good) we even managed to escape the house for a bit.

The downside has been feeling generally crap, I had a horrible headache most of the morning - the doctors have told me to avoid paracetamol as it lowers your temperature and they need to track my temperature…

• Day 79

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, despite my saying otherwise, today was my birthday. Attempting to put it back until after my treatments finish and I am at least some of the way back to health was a purely selfish idea I guess.  My family wanted to do something to mark the day, so we did.  A few cards, a few presents, an attempt at the cinema (an attempt only, sold out - should have booked the tickets earlier) which turned into a DVD instead. Nothing…

• Day 78

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So. Here I am.  Tomorrow is treatment day. I can't believe its finally here, tomorrow I get cooked by xrays.  Ho hum, time to man up, as the saying goes.  I can't avoid it, I simply have to do it, if I'm going to get sick then so be it.  I wouldn't mind if it was something I could spread about - misery loves company :-) 

Instead let's think about what else tomorrow is.  My fortieth is tomorrow. Actually…