My Cancer diary

• Day 77

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My stomach continues to gradually settle down, the tube site still aches and my stomach muscles feel tender still but the gas seems to be slowly easing.  It *is* bad though, the trapped wind is the absolute worst.  It even woke me up last night, sitting here now I can feel my shoulders start to ache which means another attack is imminent.

I have been getting daily visits from the district nurses, they are very nice and…

• Day 76

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I seem to be suffering less today with gas and indigestion after the feeding tube was fitted, I've eaten a little better but not up to my previous standards.  I am sitting here typing this now with a touch of heartburn that I know is going to build into trapped wind.  Once I have finished this entry I will have to go hit the Gaviscon again.  I hate that stuff.

There is a hell of a lot to do to care for this damned tube…

• Day 75

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Another day gone, another day closer to those damned treatments.  Today has been a day of visits by various nurses to check on and drill the care of the feeding tube into me.  Yes, I have this lovely little plastic socket in my stomach now, with a little tube hanging down.  I can now pump water, food (provided its a liquid, of course) and medicine direct into my stomach.  Lovely.  The darned thing has caused me grief today…

• Day 74

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, no diary yesterday as I was in the hospital having the PEG feeding tube done in preparation for treatments starting next week.  I have spoken before about how I wasn't looking forward to it, nothing much changed my mind before I went in.  Unfortunately it took 5 or 6 attempts to get a bloody cannula in me to give the sedative (at this point I thought it was going to be full general anesthetic). After about the fourth…

• Day 72

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So.  Peg fitting tomorrow and I get all the gory details on the chemo.  Joy of joys.  It also means a overnight stay for the PEG - not that this bothers me that much but who enjoys a night on the ward?

On another note, after yesterdays adventures with trying to eat normal food I have, possibly as a direct result, suffered with constant indigestion today.  Everything has repeated on me and I have had heartburn all day.  Gaviscon…