Life after my loss

• Day 32

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well the weekend away held a range of emotions.

Betral~ it felt like a huge betral to be leaving for the weekend without him. I knew that I needed to go to be with my daughter and to let my son have a little time to relax and also give myself time to try and learn how to sleep and most importantly give my children their mum back.

Guilt ~ Should I be laughing and giggling? Should I be smiling and having fun? Should I…

• Day 29

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well today has been spent packing to go away to give my daughter a bit of time with me and my son a bit of time to do normal 17yr old things, thankfully he is a sensible lad whom has given me so much love and support over the past weeks but I know he needs a bit of time for his own emotions. My daughter 11yrs is struggling with the loss so some time to sit on the beach sand in the sandwiches will help us both talk about…

• Life after loss day 28 the wedding ring tale!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well today seemed to go faster than I thought, but then my famous list of things to do helped as I made sure I had enough time to stop and eat but rest of day was full!

I was expecting a call today about his wedding ring, during his illness he lost weight ~ yes all be it in the strangest of ways e.g. his fingers got slimmer but because of the steriods he developed the 'moon face.'  He sat there on the sofa and…

• Life after loss day 27

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well thank you to everyone who commented on day 26 post your kind words and comments helped.

Spent today nervously filling in time with jobs ~ shopping, sorting food, dragging my daughter uniform shopping in the evening when I know it is not as busy dreading that time of night when I get to sit and watch the seconds pass by seemingly taking hours.

And now it is the early hours of Wednesday morning when I relive the…

• day 26

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I lost my husband to NSCLC 26 days ago, and the massive sense of loss still overwhelms me on a daily basis. At just 51 he had everything, we had plans, hopes and dreams then suddenly 8 months ago we were hit by the steam train of cancer. Huge problems arose at various points ~ secondary cancer in the brain followed by the bones yet we always strived to protect our families and my husband bravely fought each day.

I sometimes…