leisha

• Aug 15th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"perfic" , family always say we are like ma and pa Larkin ( Darling Buds of May ). It was a dream day, lots of happy tears, even from the bride, and two estactic fellas who did their walk so proud and determined. Everyone is proud of their family on a wedding day and we were no exception.

Ed enjoyed a coupl of glasses of wine, some salmon, and 4 hours of chatting to family and friends. What more could we have…

• Aug 13th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I look at the date but Im not scared. We got the news we expected, cancer back in small bowel causing blockage, no  op, maybe chemo if Ed can get a bit stronger but thats hard given his eating problems, put him on steroids. At least he takes his painkillers now but is still up, dressed and shaved everyday. In spite of it all we are filled with happiness at the thought of the wedding tomorrow. There will be memories and…

• Aug 9th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Eds birthday today. We went to sons yesterday for lunch but Ed couldnt eat anything, still we were out together for a change and the weather was good . Still waiting for app for scan results but I think we both know it wont be good, cant even bring myself to chase up appointment, just focussing on the wedding on Saturday. This time next week it will all be over. I just want Ed to be there and all the family , not just…

• Aug 3rd

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well we all know how up and down this journey goes and now today is better. We fell asleep exhausted feeling it was the end of the road but this morning the sun is shining and Ed has been outside and managed a bit of soup so off we go again. if he can just stay like this for scan and results we may be offerred something to help.

I wonder now if it was the change of medication on Friday that brought on a reaction cause…

• July 31st

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I dread weekends but at least the sun is shining outside and I think we will get through this one ok, fingers crossed. Macmillan nurse came yesterday and i made sure she understood Ed was not taking painkillers properly. he hasnt forgiven me yet! Still she got GP to write up prescription for slow release Oxy- Contin which he only has to take 9am and 9pm, also liquid version that gives immediate relief if needed. That…