Harveysmiles

• The long wait

I finish radiation and chemo on tuesday and then wait 3 months before all the scans are done to see how successful treatment has been. While I look forward to ending treatment and not having to spend all my time at the hospital, I know this will be a very anxious time. What if it hasn't worked? How will I feel if I have to go through it all again? Am I strong enough to face that? It has been an ordeal., If anything it…

• Home Sweet Home

Home after another week in the Royal Marsden hospital.

Still I feel I can see light at the end of tjhe tunnel now. £ more radiatiion treatments. Finish chemo next eek too and then a couple of months R&R.

Wonderful!

• Hospital stay

Well I am in hospital preparing for the insertion of the rib tube. All I want is to go home. I am such a pain. As soon as I am separated from my home and my bunnies
     I just crave the security of my little sanctuary. I panic that I will never see my darling Google and Psycho-bunny again. I know it is daft, but in the past I have been admitted to hospital never to go home again so I guess it is understandable.
    When I was…
  • The Smoothie

HaHa

I have been inventing my own smoothie recipes and a couple of them are really quite delicious. Banana apple and blueberry with  mango yoghurt and apple, peach berry and peanut butter with vanilla ice cream are positively luxurious.

I have had a terrible headache all weekend.The doctor came yesterday and changed my pain medicines. It is less severe now but still aching.. I have had migrains all my life and now my normal…

• Making friends with the liquidizer

I liquidized minced beef, gravy, carrots, gravy and tomato puree and cooked it in the microwave I gave it another wizz and made sure all was well cooked through and it was the best meal I had in months. 

I had previously found that I could not deal with the appearance and mixed up taste but, well , you get desperate  after a while don't you?

Quite how I have got from chronic anorexia nervosa, then almost back to a normal…