Harveysmiles

• Worse than cancer

Throughout my life I have been treated for mental illness. I cannot remember the number of times fellow sufferers have said 'this illness is worse than cancer'. None of them had cancer so arguably how could they possibly know?

I guess I am in the perfect position to make such a judgement. So is mental illness worse than cancer?

Well of course a simple yes or no answer is impossible to make but having both is…

• Cornwall

I went to Nequay for a long weekend. First time away since 1982. It as scarey but fabulous.

Today I had an appt. at the marsden to see the dietician and I am finding the return to reality a little too harsh

• The arrival of Lucy

I went with my friend, Sharron to the bunny sanctuary this morning and came home with a nine month old grey and white little angel called Lucy. Google has taken to her straight away and it is so funny to watch them getting acquainted. The sanctuary was overflowing with unwanted rabbits which is just so very sad. I wish I could have come home with armfuls of them.
    However, 3 is my limit as Disney has to be kept alone…
  • The freedom of normality

I am enjoying my freedom now treatment has finished.  Yesterday I rejoined my yoga class after an absence of 6 months. To quote from the ‘Macmillan’ TV advert, yesterday was ‘not all about cancer’. Today I shall meet friends for coffee and a chat. On Sunday my friend and I are taking a trip to an animal sanctuary to get a little bunny as a companion to my dear Google bunny. Both Google and I are very excited.…
  • Last chemo and radiation

Yesterday was my last day of treatment and now I have 3 months to wait until all scans and endoscopy is done. Only then will I know if it has worked. I am enjoying my first day of freedom but know that I ill bwcome increasingly anxious as the time to redo the tests creeps ever nearer.