Facing the future: Together

• Early April update

Just a quick update 

March Echo scan seemed to go ok, (waiting on oncologist to phone and let us know more)  and still waiting on CT scan appointment which seem to be taking longer now, we imagine this is caused by the backlog of Covid and lockdown.

Dal still has occasional glitches when eating, (which I think I find more scary than he does) and still has nosebleeds a few days after treatment, this is one of his main on…

• January 2022 update

I just wanted to leave a note here... 

Dal has managed to beat the chest infection / cold which lingered for quite some time..  he also continues his treatment

Although delayed he has had a his CT scan and his Echocardiogram, bloods and Oncologist update... 

It is amazing to report, that Dal continues to do well, the bloods continue to remain very good, the lymph nodes around his stomach are returning to normal, his chest…

• Scan 16th September

We didn't expect a phone call from the hospital so quickly after the scan yesterday, 16th September.

This afternoon Dal was called and informed that although it doesn't look it is too much to worry about, but they have noticed some spots on his lungs. Although they do not think that the spots look like cancer, they need to have the images looked at further by a lung expert, they believe that it may be an infection…

• Heading into the New Year Continued

Yesterday was a difficult food day for Dal, it hits home as a reminder of what he is going through, and it is frightening.  Due to food getting stuck and taking quite a while for him to be able to clear it, he ended up not eating.... and he hates me fussing..

We still hadn't heard about a date for the scan, so this morning Dal phoned his chemo nurse, she moved swiftly and within minutes the right department was on the…

• End of August Update

Everything had been going along well, no real news to mention, until Wednesday when Dal received a call from his Oncologist. 

We are going away camping again and on this occasion it means Dal would not be having his treatment this week, the call from the oncologist was just a check in call, which led to a little bit of panic.

If you have been reading our blog from the beginning you will know that last October Dal has some…