Dad and Alex's Journey

• Half way through September

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can't believe its half way through September already!  I have been so lucky to have this time with Dad - what we thought maybe a couple of months has turned into many.  He said at the beginning of this journey that he wanted to be here for Christmas so here's hoping.

We enjoyed another little coach trip with his horticultural friends to Wisley & Loseley this week which he enjoyed, he also managed to put a few…

• Not good

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a phone call from Mum at 5.30 Monday morning saying that she had called an ambulance for Dad.  Last January before the lung cancer he had atrial fibrillation and he has had the same again.  He had another attack on Tuesday morning at 1am and the hospital phoned me to say that he was asking for Mum as he was sure he was dying, my two sisters also came to the hospital. They have managed to stabilise Dad and he is now…

• Good News

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Took Dad to St Georges for an x-ray and to see the consultant  for the first time in three months and he was told that they don't want to see him for another four months!   After being told at the beginning that he might only have a few months we were so pleased considering he hasn't had any chemo etc.

We are now looking forward to another coach holiday in October to Bournemouth and Christmas :)

• A lovely holiday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well just back from a lovely week in Shropshire with Mum & Dad.  Great weather and a gorgeous hotel, Dad surrounded by good friends.  Had an accident with a ramp and the wheelchair on the first day and Dad got a bit of whiplash and I got very bruised knees but thank goodness he was ok - got him checked over by the village doctor.  I now have ramp phobia - I thought I had killed him for a moment! Then I worried about…

• Its June already

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Haven't been on here for ages.  Dad has been making the most of every day and enjoying the sunny weather.  He has been doing some hanging baskets and pots for the garden.  We have been on a trip to Brighton and it was lovely and sunny.  I think that he has accepted the cancer now.  He is walking up & down the stairs when he needs the toilet now once a day but he still goes in the wheelchair when we go out, been on a few…