Dad and Alex's Journey

• Xmas & Birthday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday Dad celebrated his 87th Birthday!!  In the morning I took him round to the allotment hut and all his friends were there - they had made a lovely banner for him and I took a birthday cake round and we all sang Happy Birthday.  We then went home had some lunch, while we were out neighbours and friends had called round with cards and presents and he opened these.  No time for a sleep today, my Mums sister, brother…

• Bit of a blip

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Haven't had Dad out much since the last lot of snow and he had a bit of a blip last weekend, getting up from the table his legs gave way but luckily Mum managed to stop his fall.  He spent a few nights in his chair with Mum sleeping on the sofa.  he had been suffering from a cold foot/leg the week before so we asked for a home visit from his GP.  He checked Dad over and we came to the conclusion that it was where he…

• Good News Again!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well I'm so glad to say that after expecting the worst Dad's cancer has not spread and we are now looking forward to Xmas and next year!  There is a small amount of fluid build-up but unless this gets a lot worse we haven't got to go back until the end of January.

Dad believes in the power of prayer and keeps saying miracles can happen so I think he's still half expecting the cancer to disappear.

I guess…

• Visit to Consultant

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Took Dad to hospital on Monday, had a chest x-ray and then went to see his consultant who he hasn't seen since February.  This was our first visit in four months and his consultant couldn't believe how well Dad looked he also said that Dad shouldn't really be here as 60-70% of people in Dad's position who hadn't had any treatment wouldn't be here now so Dad was quite surprised. As he is having difficulty swallowing…

• Back from a lovely week in Bournemouth

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last week Mum, Dad and I went on a coach holiday to Bournemouth with some of his gardening friends (one we didn't think Dad would be well enough to go on when he insisted we booked it!).  We were so lucky that the sun shone nearly everyday and the scenery was beautiful. We went out each day and stopped off at different places.  On Wednesday we stayed at the hotel and Dad's sister came to see him which was quite emotional…