Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Radiotherapy: Tips from the Community

"Radiotherapy: Tips from the Community" over a picture of a yellow teddy bear in a field.

Radiotherapy is part of many people’s experiences with cancer, and lots of members talk about Radiotherapy here in the Online Community. No matter what treatment you’re experiencing, here in the Community there might be someone who really understands. We’ve collated some of our members’ tips and support below.

Radiotherapy uses high-energy rays, such as x-rays, to treat cancer. People can have…

• Supporting yourself while supporting someone with incurable cancer (Part 2)

"Supporting someone while supporting someone else" written over a picture of a man walking by himself in a wheat field, with a white sky background.

A loved one’s cancer diagnosis can have just as large an impact as a personal diagnosis. Our Cancer Information and Support Advisor, Jenna, is here to talk through some of the complicated emotions you might feel, and ways you can help yourself cope. If you missed the Jenna’s first blog post, you can read it here.

In Part 1 of this blog series, I talked through the huge emotional impact coping with the incurable…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Vol 7 - The recovery

Cancer & me 35 years on written in big letters next to a photo of Willo painting surrounded by her art.

Today in our Community News blog we are very pleased to welcome our guest blogger, Willo, back with the seventh instalment of her blog series called ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. In this series, Willo, known on the Community as patsyann85, tells us about her experience of being diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. We will be sharing more of Willo’s writing and incredible artwork throughout…