Cancer just messed with the wrong boobs!

• Radiotherapy

So today - on International Woman's Day, I finished my 5 rounds of radiotherapy. It's been a breeze compared to surgery and chemo. I've felt a few twinges in my boob and it's felt tender but so far all is good. The staff did say today...
  • Life after chemo....

I'm now 2 weeks post chemo and beginning to feel more myself. Fatigue is lifting slowly and I've got more energy. I decided re-join the gym as I'd not been since before Covid. I've been a few times now and initially found that walking...
  • The end of the chemo train next stop radiotherapy

So today I had my 12th chemo, 9th paclitaxel. All went to plan, my nurse was mega efficient and it ran like a dream. I watched 2 episodes of Call the Midwife and one of Emily in Paris. I had a sandwich courtesy of the NHS. No chat in my pod, 2 older ...
  • Radiotherapy appointment

So I have 2 weeks until chemo finishes and it's now time to start planning my radiotherapy. I met with my oncologist today and the plan is to still have 5 sessions of radiotherapy which will commence 3 weeks after chemo finishes so roughly 7th Ma...
  • Herceptin- side effects

My cancer is HER2+ so there is a drug called Herceptin that is given to breast cancer patients  (& some stomach cancers) that suppress this cancer from reproducing. Its give via an injection into the thigh every three weeks and I'll cont...