Radiotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Just now realised how to join a group, Joy not very technical. Not sure if anyone is actually at the stage of being offered Radiotherapy? I have replied to a participant in this group, as could not see a way to join in. So my story is in the post.

• Hello Granma

Welcome to the Womb cancer forum. Don't worry about not being technical- you'll soon find your way around and if you need any help just ask. 

It is fine to post here as you have done and people will see it is about radiotherapy. 

There is a radiotherapy thread on here that you might want to have a look at. If you click on this link it will take you to it.

Radiotherapy Support Thread (inc. Brachytherapy) - Macmillan Online Community

I see you have an appointment on Monday to talk about the radiotherapy and that is a good time to ask questions about why they are recommending it and about the treatment. I took in a list of questions for my consultant and went through them one by one and she was fine with that.

I had 25 sessions of external beam radiotherapy in August and September last year. I did not have any brachytherapy (internal radiotherapy) as it was not recommended to me. My main side effects were fatigue (the traveling to the hospital each day added to it) and an upset stomach. I was given medication which helped.

If you wanted a bit more information before your appointment, click on this link and it will take you to some. It may help you to prepare any questions for Monday.

Radiotherapy for womb cancer | Macmillan Cancer Support

Hope this helps a bit but if your have any further questions please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Granma4

i have been offered radiotherapy and am going for planning next week.

Linda