Womb cancer

• 30 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi everyone I am new on here. Got diagnosed yesterday with uterine cancer.  I was so shocked that I cant remember hardly anything that my consultant told me. I was on my own so havvent got anyone else to ask what was said.  I am so pleased I have found this forum as i have learned so much already.  I have got my pre-op assessment next Friday so hopefully my op wont be too long after that. Just cant wait to e rid of my womb and anything else that he wants to remove. I am 74 so certainly don't need any of it. Lol. X

• Hi . I think we all agree the endless waiting for the next test, then the results, then the MDT to have their meeting, then to hear what's going to happen to us, the patient just does our heads in. I'm always so pleased I found this forum, I'd rarely used social media but on joining here I immediately felt people knew exactly where I was coming from and wrote replies before I asked the question. 

Some friends and family are still in denial, hubby included for a while, other's seem to change the subject but thankfully I've a few friends who keep me firmly grounded, even laughing at a wig I wore saying I looked like my Nan!

The main thing is we know that we're not alone here and there's support and love for all.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Barb. Thanks again for lifting me. I'll just keep myself busy to take my mind off it - is that possible. Lol.   Xx

• Thanks for the encouraging words. I am quite an active person, I linedance and walk my dog everyday.  Its so lovely to hear you are 5 years post op,  you must be doing something right. Keep up the good work.  As Im newly diagnosed I haven't had much face to face interaction, got a committee meeting tomorrow so see how that goes. Im sure the ladi

• Hi NannyAnny   Thanks for your encouraging words.  I am quite an active person so I will continue walking my dog etc.  As I am newly diagnosed I havent had a face to face conversation with anyone yet.  Everybody is being so supportive but it so nice to talk to the ladies on here as they have been down the path that i am now on.  Take care. Xx

• I’m hoping  (Annie) will see your thread Poppy, as she was diagnosed at age 76 (5 years ago) which trumps your 72! 

• Hi Marmitefan.  Thank you so much for that heartening bit of news.  All positive thinking from now on. Had a bit if a blip last night but woke up feeling happier this morning.    I am 74 but whats a couple of years between friends. Lol. Roll on my op date.  Xx

• Whoops my bad! You must sound younger than you are! Joy

• Definitely dont feel it. JoyJoy.  Ill get the cream and potions ready for after my op, I might be like a new woman. Hubby will be pleased about that. Lol. X

• Hi Poppy, I hope you had some sunshine and were able to enjoy today.

• Hi Marmite.  Kept busy today, went shopping this morning for fresh fruit/veg. My lovely granddaughter came to lunch after finishing her dance classes. She teaches ballet and tap to under 7‘s. The toddlers are so sweet.  After lunch I walked the dogs then settled down for a couple of hours tv.  Have to say I keep dipping into the stories on here just to remind myself that everything will be ok.  Hope you've had a good day   Xx