Womb cancer

• 30 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hi everyone I am new on here. Got diagnosed yesterday with uterine cancer.  I was so shocked that I cant remember hardly anything that my consultant told me. I was on my own so havvent got anyone else to ask what was said.  I am so pleased I have found this forum as i have learned so much already.  I have got my pre-op assessment next Friday so hopefully my op wont be too long after that. Just cant wait to e rid of my womb and anything else that he wants to remove. I am 74 so certainly don't need any of it. Lol. X

• Hi Poppy 123 

Sorry to hear this brings back memories for me I couldn’t have op as was diagnosed with stage 4b womb cancer after a CT scan to c where it had started there’s some lovely ladies on here who have though I’m on my 5 th chemo week on Monday another 1,after that trying to shrink it all will have another Ct after chemo but my cancer markers have gone back to within normal  range last blood test so that’s good news I hope keep in touch speak soon

kind regards 

Mo K xx

• Hi Poppy123S o sorry to hear you have this diagnosis but you have joined a good forum with lovely ladies on here that can support you (and you support them) on this journey. Don't worry if you didn't catch everything that was said at the appointment you can either call one of the CNS nurses at your local Gynaecology dept OR wait until your pre op assessment appointment and I'm sure they won't mind going through things you've missed, at my pre op after I spoke to consultant, where for first time I'd learned my cancer was high grade, I then was taken into a different room and spoke to a lovely CNS nurse who ran through anything I couldn't understand or missed. Hoping all goes well for you and do !et us know how it goes. We are here for you! X

Madesp 
  • Hi Mo K. Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear you weren't able to have the op but it sounds like you're on the right track now. Good luck with your chemo on Monday.  I will let you know when I get yhe date for my op.  Nervous!!!  

Poppy xx

• Hi Mad.  Thank you so much for your words of encouragement its so reassuring knowing I have all you ladies to call on.  I will wait until Friday and ask all my questions at my pre op assessment.  It was such a shock at my appointment, I thought I understood everything at my appointment only to realise that none of it had stayed with me. The joys of being old. I will keep in touch and once again thanks. 

Poppy

• Hi again 

Maybe a good idea to write down any questions you have so you don't forget. Also if you don't know yet ask what grade of cancer and what stage it's at. ( This helps you relate more with our ladies with same type and stage etc)

With regards to the operation if you look on this group one of our members 

Marmitefan59

created a post includes a diary from day of operation, this helped me immensely and felt I knew what would happen and when. You can also click on a members name and read their profile so you get an understanding of their journey thus far this may help you, of course everyone is different but it is a guide and makes you feel less alone, sometimes you have the best family and friends but they can't understand exactly what you're going through like someone in your shoes. Take care x

Madesp 
  • Hi Mad   Thanks for that. I will now write down questions as they come to me and then I can take my pad with me. I have good family and friends but as you said someone going through the same thing is a better sounding block. Take care. 

Poppy

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. I can well remember the shock and disbelief that flooded through me at my diagnosis - cancer - that's for other other people! Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you find yourself now. Any cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will as you’re not alone in this. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as an emotional roller-coaster ride. 

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi MrsBJh.  Thank you for your welcome. I will update my profile for all to see  shortly.  I am so pleased that I-can ask for support from all the ladies on here.  So helpful when problems are shared with ladies who have experienced all the problems  I am experiencing pain and bleeding at the moment and cant wait to get everything removed and hopefully have peace of mind.  All so new at the moment and mind is spinning. 

• Welcome Poppy! I remember the shock I felt when I was diagnosed in November, bless you. I’d advise you to call your CNS nurses on Monday with questions about your diagnosis - you can ask what type, and probably grade and stage it is. I would honestly advise against waiting till your pre op assessment to ask questions as the nurses and health care assistants doing this will be going through a lot of questions about your general health, and are unlikely to be able to, or have time to answer questions about your diagnosis. Your CNS team are there to support you and have access to all your notes and will be able to answer anything you need to know, as well as giving you emotional reassurance and support. It’s what they’re there for and they want us to call them. They’re typically there Monday to Friday, office hours.

• Hi Marmitefan - Im a marmite fan too. Lol.  Thank you for your advise I will ring my CNS nurse on Monday. It is quite a wait until Friday and I would probably drive myself crazy with silly thoughts.  Take care