Womb cancer

• 30 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hi everyone I am new on here. Got diagnosed yesterday with uterine cancer.  I was so shocked that I cant remember hardly anything that my consultant told me. I was on my own so havvent got anyone else to ask what was said.  I am so pleased I have found this forum as i have learned so much already.  I have got my pre-op assessment next Friday so hopefully my op wont be too long after that. Just cant wait to e rid of my womb and anything else that he wants to remove. I am 74 so certainly don't need any of it. Lol. X

• Hi again Poppy, the CNS nurses are lovely and will be happy to hear from you. Glad to meet another fan of Marmite! I’ve just tagged you on the hysterectomy diary thread that Maddy mentioned that I did when I had mine in January. Bless you.

• Hi poppy123

I am also new on here, the ladies on here are lovely and very supportive. Good luck with your surgery, my 2nd op was last week, take it easy after xxx

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi sistermoon. Ive just read your journey so far, Im so sorry that you needed a second op. Fingers crossed you get your mri soon and the results are good.  I'll update you all wen I get my op. Don't know why but I'm feeling down and neevous tonight. I'll bounce back again tomorrow. You take care. Xx

• Welcome it is a blow when you first get that diagnosis but  this forum is so supportive - I was diagnosed in March and have my operation next Friday - like you I just need the lodger evicted !  Remember you’re never alone with people on here who have been through  still travelling or just starting the journey. Best wishes and hope you get your date very soon xx

• Evening Poppy, bless you. You’ve been on an emotional roller coaster for the last 2-3 months and it’s understandable and okay to have wobbles and anxious moments. You’ve also had a shock and your brain will be scrambling to grasp it all and try and take it all on board. So try and be kind to yourself, and try and focus on taking things one step at a time. Easy to say, not easy to do, but when you can it will help. Have you told any family or friends yet? 

• Hi mrsceedee.  Thank you for the kind words.  Good luck with your op. I look forward to hearing you are over it and doing well. All helps me to feel less frightened.   Take care xx

• Thank you for understanding. Im sure Ive got brain fog trying to process everything. I have told my family and friends and they are all so supportive buts its not the same as talking to people on the same journey. I sure I will get my strength from this group. Its hard because I don't want to worry the people close to me.  Ive told them all - No Tears. We have been able to have a laugh which helps.  I think sitting here on my own tonight just brought the reality if it to me. I'm usually upbeat so new day tomorrow will bring the strength back.  Its so hard the waiting isn't it.  Thanks for sharing and caring xx

• Bless you Poppy, and I’m glad you have people you can trust to tell. I’ve found many don’t know how to react or say things that they think are helpful but aren’t! I even wrote a thread about that on the Chat part of this group (“Things not to say…”). The waiting is extremely difficult and makes the whole situation harder as it reinforces our lack of control in the situation. I read somewhere that when we get anxious what we’re actually anxious about is not things that may happen but things we can’t control. And remembering that and just trying to go with whatever happens has been helpful to me. Hope you sleep okay and have a better day tomorrow.

• Thank you. That is a good thing to remember and so true. We're always afraid of the unknown and things we cant control. I am just going to bed, surprisingly I have slept quite well since the diagnosis, try to think of positives things before I get into bed. I dont worry about things I cant change, got enough real problems to worry about. Lol.  Goodnight all x

• Hi Poppy,

I was 72 when diagnosed, and was petrified of having an operation wondering if I'd see the other side! I don't know why I worried. I know I was fairly fit and recovered quickly. I had keyhole surgery, which is marvellous. I was lucky in that it was caught early and there was was no spread, so I didn't need any other treatment. I am coming up to 5 years post operation. I'd recommend keeping yourself active until the operation. It helps you to recover quicker. Good luck. xxx