Hello

• 23 replies
  • 76 subscribers

Well I’m due for my pre op on Monday and Surgery on Friday, it’s been a roller coaster of emotions, went to my Gp the first week in February, which lead to my Diagnosis, I’ve been very fortunate my MRI and X-rays indicate my cancer hasn’t spread and I will have key hole surgery , I’m getting more nervous as the days go by but I know I’ll be ok x 

• Hello NorthernLass1967

Welcome to the Online Community and the Womb group.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis of womb cancer and remember what a roller coaster of emotions it can be.

It is understandable to feel nervous about having the surgery but I found it fairly straightforward, I had little pain and recovered quickly. I was well looked after as I am sure you will be. If there is anything in particular that worries you about the surgery, please do ask as there are lots of lovely ladies on here who have been through the op and will want to offer support.

If at anytime talking things through would help then please do consider giving the Support Line a call. The number is below and they are lovely on there.

I will pop a link to some info that I found helpful during my diagnosis.

Womb cancer booklet | Macmillan Cancer Support

Hope this helps a bit. I wish you well for your pre op and surgery next week but in the meantime, if there is anything you need, please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your reply and support , it definitely makes a difference knowing you’re speaking to others who have the same or similar experience.

Im glad I came here I’m sure it’s going to help me cope .

• I’ve just checked that’s the booklet I got at the hospital it’s very helpful, 

• Hi from one northern lass to another. This is a great forum full of lovely ladies with great advice. I had robotic surgery and it all went very smoothly. The recovery was also without complications. I can only express my experience but I hope it helps put you a little bit at ease. All the best for next week.

• Thank you it really does help, I’m so pleased everthing went well for you , you it definitely helps my anxiety and keeps me positive I agree I’m glad I joined the forum you don’t feel so alone xx

• Hi Northernlass1967

I am also a northern lass and had a hysterectomy in November last year, I was in hospital overnight afterwards and had no complications.  I followed what the hospital advised regarding what you should and should not do and I recovered well.

I wish you the very best of luck with your surgery and recovery.

Ange

• Thanks Ange , wow lots of us northern Lasses on here Blush 

Im so please everything went so well for you , it’s definitely helpful having the support and positivity, 

Thank you it’s appreciated x

• Hello Northernlass1967. It’s totally understandable that the nerves are setting in. No one wants to have a major operation. It sounds like it’s an early stage diagnosis. You’re having keyhole. You’re young (1967). It will be ok. Take it easy after the op. Don’t push yourself. Sometimes you will feel absolutely fine and then over do it. Don’t! Take it easy. Be prepared to wait for results. It took 4 weeks before my biopsy results came back. Be prepared for bad days (mentally). Come back to the forum if you need to rant or cry.

I went through this two years ago (aged 53). Was out the next day and back at work within the month. The physical recovery was fine. I had my ovaries out as well, so what little oestrogen I had, disappeared overnight . I have found the mental aspect of it more challenging. The word cancer is quite emotive. I still can’t believe I’ve had it. 
    Good luck x

• Hi thanks for the reply, it’s really helpful hearing how well you have recovered, I agree totally the mental aspect is the most stressful and the waiting is just terrible, I’m sure I will be ok, roll on Saturday and hopefully I can come home and start my recovery, I’m dreading waiting for the biopsy results (again) but hopefully it’s more good news I’ve been so fortunate, really appreciate your support makes all the difference. Heart

• Yes, the waiting is crap. I think it’s  the worst part. The fact that your mri is clear, is really positive. 
    Wishing you all the best for the op. Come back and update us. Message me if you want to chat. 
    I'm sure you’ll be fine. Honestly, I found the recovery from gallbladder surgery took longer. However, if you are finding recovery difficult, come back and ask for support. There are some lovely ladies on this forum