Hi I have just joined. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer last June.

• 3 replies
  • 88 subscribers

I had a hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix. This was followed with high dose brachy therapy. Side affecrs were not too bad and my recovery went well. Following a recent scan I was told an iliac lymph node was swollen. The consultants said it could be cancerous. I have had a pet scan and now awaiting results. Very worried..does this mean  having chemo?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our corner of the Online Community. I had the same procedures as you last September and Brachytherapy (HDR) in November. My recovery has also gone well with few side effects except possible Lymphoedema (just developed) which we're monitoring. (I had 6 lymph nodes removed during but none were cancerous)

It's back to the endless waiting game it seems. Having to wait until your consultant come back.  Hospital trusts seem to work differently. Due to budget restrictions, I'm told I won't have any scans unless a problem presents itself. Was there any reason in particular why you were referred for a scan?

Hopefully one of the ladies here will be along to give you an answer.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hello

hope you well

my mum also has a recurrence in her lymph nodes.  She’s currently receiving chemo.  She’s completed 5 out of the 6 sessions 

yes it’s hard but mum says doable…. We have all stayed mega positive for her and helped with cooking and chores around the house…..

the good news so far is that the scan results have been positive… so we are trying to remain hopeful…

hopefully the pet scan will show that things are fine I’m sure it will be.

happy to answer any questions you may have 

sending you lots of love Heart️ Heart️Heart️Heart️

• hi oak2 sorry to hear you may have a recurrence in a lymoh node. if its just the one node they may just remove it well thats my experience. its 2 years ago a petscan diagnosed a recurrence in a single periteneal lymph node up by my left kidney which a renal surgeon resected. they may offer chemo as adjuvant therapy. im just having 6 monthly ct scans until 3 years.