MRI shown cancerous mass but biopsies came back negative confused

• 1 reply
  • 86 subscribers

I had breast cancer in 2018 stage 3 grade 3 finished my treatment then put on Tamoxifen, around six months in I started to bleed heavily with large clots was sent for hysteroscopy had fibroids when results came back there were some atypical cells they said they had got everything with the D n C 7 myths later same again but polyps this time and then 7 month later it happened again every time my lining getting thicker 15mm. 20 mm then 25mm roll forward to July last year started bleeding again after 3 hysteroscopy they did an MRI which showed a cancerous mass so then had to go in for a hysteroscopy under spinal block the new gynaecologist came to see me and said sorry your womb is full of clusters of polyps and lining of 33mm and nestled in amongs it all is a 4cm tumour this was the start of November she said the tumour was growing down into the muscle, everything was sent to the cancer centre they sent back as the biopsy was negative to wait six months then redo the biopsy, but she said no and offered me a hysterectomy which I should have had last Thursday but was cancelled due to my blood sugars being high and my blood count coming back in the 70 range so have had iron infusion and put on metformin to regulate blood sugars my surgery should be in 6-8 weeks time so worried that the tumour is going to get bigger also I am having an abdominal hysterectomy they are going through an old scar from bowel surgery and I have been told it’s risky as they don’t know if my bowel is stuck to the muscle which means she could cut into it , I’m very anxious to get it done and over with  this has been going on long enough I asked for a hysterectomy before but was told no sorry for long post 

• Hi

Don't apologise for the long post. I’m sorry that you had to find yourself here but like to offer you a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. I am very sorry to hear about your womb cancer diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis will bring many questions, lots of confusion and stress but I found being able to talk with other people who are on the same type of journey helped me a lot. The ladies in this group are caring and supportive and we'll all do our best to help to calm your anxieties.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

Big welcoming hugs to you B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett