New From Australia, wanting to say Hi ‍♀️

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hi everyone, hope it’s ok that I’m here.. I have not been diagnosed with cancer but going through the testing.

A little about myself, I’m 54 years young Blush and post menopausal.. 

2 weeks ago (22nd December) I noticed I was bleeding when wiping , I had a drs appointment the next day for other reasons and mentioned to my dr, as I have not had a period since having my merina removed 3 years ago and have never taken any hrt she said we would need to do some testing.

I had a normal Pap smear done plus a scrape of my cervix, she also gave me a referral for an ultrasound. I had the ultrasound last week and returned to drs today... side note I bled for 7 days.

my ultrasound showed I have a fibro but everything else looks good except the lining of my uterus is slightly thickened (6mm).

she has now referred me to a gynaecologist to rule out cancer of the uterus.

my Pap smear came back good but the scraping of the cervix results had no arrived at the drs by this morning so still waiting on those results.

Ive been reading through all the posts of the last few days and really hoping my visit here is fleeting ( please take no offence to that comment, you are all so brave).

Has anyone else had a one off bleed that lasted a week or so and biopsy reveals cancer?

Thank you all

Carmel c

• Welcome to our group Carmel c.

I’m 55, post menopausal for 2 & a bit years, no HRT too,  when I had a small bleed more like spotting (lasted about 3-4 days), thought it was strange but just to put my mind at rest saw GP nurse. Clear Pap smear, but transvaginal ultrasound showed uterine thickened to 13 mm & probable polyp. Endometrial sample taken showed stage 1 cancer, so never had hysteroscopy, but went straight for total hysterectomy.

glad to say I’m now all clear, but you’ve done the right thing to get checked out.
    It’s apparently very common for post menopausal ladies to have benign polyps, and not so common to have cancer, so I’ll keep my fingers & toes crossed it’s just polyps.

take care out there, stay safe & positive 

Andi x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NewbieAndi

Hi Andi, thanks for your reply. With my transviginal ultrasound it showed 1 fibroid and nothing else except the slightly thickened lining. Hoping that is was a one off bleed from fibroid or something.

Glad you are doing well x

• Hi Carmel,

I hope your visit here is fleeting, but welcome!!

My neighbour had bleeding from fibroids, so try not to worry until you have all the results back. Having said that I had a fibroid in there which I knew nothing about! The consultant said it was 'of little consequence'. Apparently they shrink after the menopause.  I have the impression they worry more about polyps. (My daughter had one removed from her bowel, and was told they can turn cancerous.)

I. personally had one spot of blood, then 3 weeks later a smear of blood, at which point I saw the doctor. I was 72 at the time. My womb lining was deemed normal, so I'm not sure thickened womb linings mean a lot, although the consultants don't seem to like them!!

At least you have gone to the doctor quickly. Its better to go earlier than later. Good luck. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NannyAnny

Hi NannyAnny, that you for kind words. I’m actually feeling very calm at the moment about the whole ordeal and trying not to think to much about it, although it does creep into my mind at times. I’m hopeful all will be ok but have seen here in this group so much support for each other and am glad I came across it. 

Im sure I will have ups and downs and know this is the best place to come for advice and support xx