Mum has cancer of the womb but cant get a op

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 90 subscribers

Hi all well this is a hard one my mum who is 70  had a bleed a month back  we went to the doctor were she was sent for test after some waiting and worrying came back she has cancer of the womb they did a mri were they seen it has moved so there wont be a op to remove anything.. shes now waiting for chemo but as we wait she has now went off her food saying it all taste musty part from soup, i am so lost on how to help her eat more as you see i lost my brother back in April and it was just me and him and mum left so im alone doing all this and how hard i try to stay strong im failing as im so scared of losing my mum, i just need someone to help me if they can try and show me ways to help mum eat as i cant lose her.. anyways sorry for the full story just first time i have sat down and put this all down in words  

• Hi Katie,

Sorry you are here. It could be that Your mum is in shock. I didn't feel like eating when I was diagnosed, and actually had waves of feeling sick. To be honest, I was petrified and 72 at the time. She has to keep her strength up. Can you try and tempt her with things she normally likes? And if you put extra calories into her soup via cream that will help. I think you should get help from the hospital about diet. Has she got a CNS to ask?

xxxx

• I am so sorry to read about your mum.  Getting the news that you have cancer is such a shock to the system and as NannyAnny has said it might be that she is in shock and scared.  I know when I'm extremely anxious about anything I can't eat.  Maybe give your GP a ring and perhaps they have a Practice Nurse or someone who can help with some advice on eating, or perhaps they will give you some of the shakes to drink that have all the nourishment in them. When my Mum had cancer she was given those, there are different flavours available.  

Hugs, Lesley xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NannyAnny

Hi and thank you getting back to me, we are still waiting for the ct scan to come back and tbh not heard anything from them im just so scared everyday she goes off more foods and sleeping more i have tried everything but she saying the food has a musty taste to it and makes her go off food more, im just scared she wont get the chemo if she isnt strong and not eating wont help x

• Sending hugs for you and your Mum, understandably you’ll b worried for her, but keep strong & we’re all here for you 

• Hi , so sorry to hear about your Mum and her diagnosis and I am so sorry for all that your now both having to deal with and what a fantastic daughter you are, I know you will and are doing everything possible for-her, but sadly its not always possible and i am sure she worries about you too. Waiting on scans and any tests can be very worrying at the best of times but when you know that she cant have an op because of spread and that she is having difficulty eating because of taste it just adds to that, and it’s important you keep your strength up too, as this is what you both need to deal with everything and whatever is thrown at you. I had wondered she sounded ok with soup if I understood right, i am sure you have already tried this but I wonder if she would be ok if her food was liquidised or you can get shakes that have lots of nutrition in them if that helps to get her nutrition in.  But I also wanted to reach out and send you some gentle hugs too and fingers crossed that she will be strong enough for chemo and fingers crossed for the CT scan results.

sending you both gentle bear hugs.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to GBear

thank you so much for getting back to me, the ct came back and they have found some in her lungs, liver and bones she had her first round of chemo so far she is stil not eating as much now part from soup  and her legs are not working so well so cant stand up well or move about, i feel so lost tbh and really scared but trying so hard to be brave for mum i just scared of the what is next for us 

• Sorry to hear about your Mum’s results, i am glad shes had her first chemo but sorry she still not eating only having soup. I understand that you feel lost and scared its a lot to deal with and its not easy looking in on someone going though this, stay strong I know its easy said then done but it does help.

big gentle bear hugs your way.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Dear katie800,

the result of the scan must be devastating, I am so sorry that your Mum and family are having to deal with this result. I hope that you all have been offered lots of support from your GP, Hospital team, MacMillan as well as other sources.

Please keep letting us know how you and Mum are.

Sending you love and a big gentle hug.

Honey Two hearts

• Hello katie800

So very sorry to hear about your Mum's results. She must be in total shock , as are you. Did the GP or practice nurse have any suggestions for making food more palatable? Have to tried cooking some of her normal meals and liquidising them. I used to do that for my mum when she couldn't eat solids. Didn't always look good, but got the nutrients in to keep up strength.

Stay strong for your mum, big hugs to you both, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett