Looking for others of similar age (30) going through tests etc

• 18 replies
  • 67 subscribers

I'm currently waiting for the results of biopsies after a hysteroscopy last week due to a thickened endometrial lining and non stop bleeding for 4 months.

Of course, I have turned to Google but I'm struggling to find anything about women my age going through this.

I'm trying to stop myself worrying as the likelihood is everything will be fine, but I really can't concentrate at work and the waiting is driving me mad.

I'd love to hear others experiences if possible, need to know I'm not alone.

• Hello NJT93

Welcome to the Womb group. You are not alone. I am sorry to hear that you have had to have some biopsies done after prolonged bleeding and a thickened lining.

I remember what a worrying time it was when I had my biopsies and was waiting for results. It is hard to focus on much else during these times. I hope that work are being supportive. 

Google is not great for finding accurate and up to date information. It may be worth considering giving the Support Line a call and speaking with one of the nurses. The number is below.

Here is some info that maybe of use

Endometrial Hyperplasia: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment | Patient

I think the thing to remember is that womb cancer more commonly occurs in older ladies and it is rare under the age of 40. (I checked with Macmillan/Cancer Research for the statistics) Clearly something is causing your symptoms so having them checked and a biopsy done to rule out more serious causes was a wise thing to do. Although a thickened lining and heavy bleeding can be a symptom of womb cancer- they can also be symptoms of other issues. 

Hopefully you will have your results soon and get some reassurance. In the meantime if there is anything you need, then please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hey, I'm 35 and have been going through investigations too. I had a tumour removed a couple of weeks ago and have an appointment this Thursday to find out if they found cancer.

Happy to talk any time Blush

Womb cancer is more common post-menopause but it's far from unheard of in younger women. If it's personal stories you're looking for, there are a few women on TikTok who talk about their experiences. 

• Hello,

I'm 35 (just!) and awaiting results. I had a hysteroscopy on 26th Feb', the consultant didn't say much but said he'd have me in to do a resection under GA. The report said my endometrial lining was 30mm and queried polyps. 

I had my GA and resectoscope on 13th March, and samples were sent for urgent histology, yet I am still waiting. I've read every Google article there is, and all the foums I can find. This is my first post. I'm at increased risk due to my weight and inherited Lynch Syndrome.

Sending Heart love, you're not in this alone, it's a very stressful, agonising wait.

xxx 

• Hi Lauz,
    Sending positive vibes for your appointment on Thursday!
    My consultant was very dismissive about cancer because of my age, but I know from reading online there are many women under 40 diagnosed. I'm also at risk because of my PCOS. 

Keep us updated on your results, I'm hoping it's happy news x

• Hi Rachy,

So sorry to hear how long your results are taking!
    I ended up going private (luckily covered through work) as although I was referred on the cancer pathway, the hospital said they couldn't see me until Jan 25!
    The wait is awful isn't it? I keep telling myself to be positive, it's probably nothing and all this worrying will have been for nothing, but it's hard not to get carried away when someone has mentioned the possibility of cancer.

Fingers and toes are crossed that you get your results soon xxxx

• Hello NJT93,

sorry to hear you are experiencing this. I am 43 premenopausal and also had a Hysteroscopy for irregular bleeding and thickened lining. I had mine on the 23rd Feb and still waiting for results. Have been told it can take six weeks. 
    The waiting is awful, I have found trying to keep busy and occupied helps. Also ringing the support line for a rant has helped also. Know you are not alone and we are all wishing you the best outcome. 

• I have private health care too and got it pre-approved, but ended up going NHS as they were so quick initially. I wonder if private histology would have come back quicker. How long did they tell you? 

• Randomly I was referred to a private hospital through NHS due to my hospitals waiting list. Aware I am not paying for it, but cannot imagine they mark them paying patient and NHS patient when processing lol. I think there must be a backlog everywhere at the moment. Disappointed

• The wait for the results for my blood test for Lynch Syndrome also got extended from 4-6 weeks to 2-3 months and I heard after 12 weeks.