Looking for others of similar age (30) going through tests etc

• 18 replies
  • 67 subscribers

I'm currently waiting for the results of biopsies after a hysteroscopy last week due to a thickened endometrial lining and non stop bleeding for 4 months.

Of course, I have turned to Google but I'm struggling to find anything about women my age going through this.

I'm trying to stop myself worrying as the likelihood is everything will be fine, but I really can't concentrate at work and the waiting is driving me mad.

I'd love to hear others experiences if possible, need to know I'm not alone.

• Lol very true! I wasn't sure if the private hospitals had their own pathology department, separate to the NHS.

Fellow Lynchie here Wave

• I thankfully got a negative for the blood results and am still awaiting the genetic clinic appointment as they want to investigate further Shrug

• I was 32 when I first went to my GP after 6 months of continuous bleeding, they were very quick to send me for ultrasound which showed I had 4.5cm womb lining. They immediately referred me on the two week pathway for further investigation and that's where things went a bit pear shaped. 

The referral came back as being down graded to routine as 'I was too young for womb cancer'. You can read more of my journey in my profile, but I was unfortunately diagnosed with womb cancer and finally got my hysterectomy 3 days after turning 36. 

Yes it's statistically more common to be diagnosed post menopausal but cancer doesn't care about age. Age was the only criteria I didn't meet for being at high risk of womb cancer. 

I got my histology results back last week, the cancer had thankfully stayed at Stage 1, grade 2 and not spread outside the womb throughout the 3 and bit years of fighting for a hysterectomy. I kept my overies so have not entered menopause, and the only follow-up I will now have is 6 monthly ultrasound scans for 3 years.

•   been wondering how you’ve been getting on. Have you had your results yet? 

• Hello,

Thank you for checking in. I'm sad to say there is still no update! I have chased every week, today its 4 weeks since the biopsies (which were sent for urgent histology) and today I was told by the secretary that they outsourced the tests and the ETA is actually 5-6 weeks. 

Ugh.

Any update with you? 

• Been told the results are in (approx 7 weeks after biopsy) and will be given at my appointment on the 18th. (That will be eight weeks after procedure) but am pleased they are at least in as was beginning to worry they were lost. Plus at least in know I will definitely have answers on the 18th so that’s good. Fingers crossed you don’t have to wait as long. Do you have a follow up appointment booked? 

• Oh I'm pleased you have a date to dicuss things. No, no follow up appointment, just a waiting game! 

• Got my fingers crossed you hear soon.