Endometrial cancer spread to lymph node

• 42 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I was diagnosed with grade 1b endometrial cancer.  Just before my hysterectomy I was told my cancer was p53 positive and could be more aggressive. Not much information given at p53 but I understand it's a mutant gene and my tumour suppression function doesnt work.

Phone call yesterday to say post op hysterectomy results show spread to lymph nodes and the cancer is now stage 3. I am scheduled for chemoradiation in the new year.  From what I have read it says p53 positive cancer is resistant to treatment though consultant says it does respond.

I am petrified and will find it hard to get through the festive season. Has anyone experienced anything like this.

• Hi  and Thankyou  for tagging me in to the conversation. I was diagnosed in January 2022 with Stage 2 grade 3 Serous & Clear cell womb cancer , had my hysterectomy in April and started my treatment in June. Like you my oncologist offered Chemoradiation and when I asked on this forum there was no one else had had that treatment but it was more common for ovarian cancer so I also joined that forum for answers to some of my questions. I was anxious before treatment started as it seemed quite a harsh regime to have both chemotherapy and  radiotherapy at the same time but  once I’d started it wasn’t harsh at all.  The Chemo days were long as after 5 hours in chemo unit I then had to go for the radio but they were doable. I had  virtually no side effects, after about the second chemo I did wake up feeling drunk and couldn’t walk in a straight line but that only lasted a couple of hours, I had no sickness, no hair loss - although it did thin slightly and only my hairdresser could tell!  I got more tired as the treatment progressed and had the runs from the radio but was given medication to deal with it. The best  thing was that within 5 weeks that was all over, I then had 3 sessions of internal radiation- brachytherapy so in 7 weeks I was completely done.  I have been really  well since then and long may it last. I am now on 4 monthly checkups  but any changes in my health in between and I can be seen immediately. I hope I can reassure you and you will be able to enjoy the festive season without worrying, take each day as it comes, trust in your cancer team and ask when you need a reassuring virtual hug 

Best Wishes 

Chrissie

• Hey Chrissie, it’s good to hear from you and to know you’re doing okay!!

• Hi 

Thank you very much for replying I was very anxious yesterday when I received a call to say the cancer had spread to lymph nodes following the post hysterectomy results. 

It is reassuring to learn about your chemoradiation experience and I am more hopeful it will be successful.

Best wishes to you I am so glad I joined this forum.

Debbie 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi ya, I've just read your post and all the replies. You can add me to the list as I too was diagnosed as stage 3 spread to lymph nodes with p53 mutation. I've just had third chemo and my CNS phoned me to say that my CA125 level has returned to my normal pre cancer level of 8 after two rounds of chemo.  It was 167 pre surgery and 25 pre chemo. I hope you can relax and enjoy Christmas. Take care and please read my bio if you want x

• Hi 

Thank you for your reply it is reassuring to find someone in the same position.

I was first diagnosed as grade 1 stage 1a then had an mri and went to 1b.  Just before my hysterectomy I was told I had the p53 mutation but it was never explained to me despite repeated phone calls.  After waiting 6 weeks post hysterectomy got a phone call few days ago to say now stage 3 cancer had gone to lymph nodes was so shocked and frightened

I am starting chemo and radiation in the new year.  It is wonderful to hear how you are responding to chemo and has given me hope.  Can you tell me do you have a scan before starting the chemo.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and would love to hear how you continue to progress

Debbie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Zebralynn

Hi Debbie,

Merry Christmas!

I'm Debbie too! I had a scan as I had bad pain. I will have a mid treatment scan on 3 January. I'm only having chemo at my local hospital then I am back seeing the Royal London in April. I really understand how you feel - to hear stage 3 is so scary - especially if you Google - which we are told not to. Strangely, I now feel at peace with it all but think that's because I feel so well, I sometimes forget. I've definitely read that stage 3 can be curable but I was told treatable not curable as mine is in para aortic nodes. I feel strong and positive and you will feel the same too. Take care and best of luck. I'll keep in touch re my progress and please do the same xx

• Hi Debbie

Merry Christmas. 

So glad you feeling positive and well sounds like the chemo is really working for you.

My treatment starts next year at the clatterbridge centre in Liverpool.  I also feel very well.  I think I need to keep myself busy.  I'm a nurse and really missing my job. I was hoping to go back to work after the hysterectomy but cant know because of the chemo.

I am the worlds worst for googling and I am going to try and stay on this site instead.  What you read is often out of date and there are new treatments coming out all the time.

Please stay in touch and let me know how you progress.

Take care and stay positive. 

Debbie x

• Please do. We are going to do great! 

• Yes stay positive and we will do well x

• Hi

Just hoping you had a nice Christmas and you are feeling ok.

Debbie