Endometrial cancer spread to lymph node

• 42 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I was diagnosed with grade 1b endometrial cancer.  Just before my hysterectomy I was told my cancer was p53 positive and could be more aggressive. Not much information given at p53 but I understand it's a mutant gene and my tumour suppression function doesnt work.

Phone call yesterday to say post op hysterectomy results show spread to lymph nodes and the cancer is now stage 3. I am scheduled for chemoradiation in the new year.  From what I have read it says p53 positive cancer is resistant to treatment though consultant says it does respond.

I am petrified and will find it hard to get through the festive season. Has anyone experienced anything like this.

• Hi Zebralynn, 

I also was told my P53 was mutant but that it is beneficial to have chemotherapy.  Unfortunately I had a rare reaction to the chemo and was in hospital for two weeks after the first dose.  My consultant decided that I couldn’t take any more chemo.  I also had brachytherapy which was no problem at all.

As far as I am aware there is no way of knowing if the P53 has or has not responded positively to the chemo.  I have an appointment with my consultant 15/01 and hopefully will have more information as to what to expect.  The only thing I am aware of is that I will have regular appointments and an MRI scan at least every year.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me and I will try to help.  At the moment I look at it as I don’t have cancer and try to not think about it too much.

Good luck to you and a merry Christmas too.

Linda 

• Yes I was all also just diagnosed with stage 3 endometrial cancer that spread to my lymph node so I will also be getting chemotherapy and radiation in the New Year I'm just trying to think positive about it I know it's really really hard but I want to come to peace about it and try to have a good Christmas. My husband keeps saying one day at a time. That's exactly we hat I'm going to do. I try to keep myself busy so I won't think so much about it  God bless you! Please keep in touch. 

• Hi Grandma03

Thank you so much for replying.  I have struggled to find any information on P53 and what I googled indicated it did not respond to chemo or radiotherapy so it is encouraging to hear your story.

My consultant did say that chemo would work with P53 so I shouldn't Google.  I was terribly shocked yesterday when I was told my cancer was stage 3 and in the lymph nodes.  I will hope that the radiotherapy and chemotherapy will work for me.

Hope you have a nice Christmas

Love

Debbie

• Thank you so much for replying.  It is good to talk to someone going through the same thing.  I feel very well in myself so hard to take in I have stage 3 cancer.

It's really good advice to take one day at a time and to keep busy and be positive.

Take care and I would love to stay in touch.

• Sounds great! I know it is hard. But I have read where patients with stage 3 have been completely cured! 

• Yes I have heard that too and my consultant said she is looking at a cure.  I am so glad you replied to me dont feel so alone.

• We will be cured!!!!??

• Hi there, I’m going to tag   as she had chemoradiation back in 2022 and sailed through it. 

• That is so encouraging thank you