Mother suffering with vulvar cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

All very sad. Mum didn’t tell anyone as too embarrassed. She now has a large fungating tumour and chosen not to have surgery.

• Hi MarleyF and welcome to the group.

Your poor mum. Unfortunately this is not the first time I have heard that someone was too embarrassed to get their sympoms checked out. The older generation especially were not encouraged to talk about their bodies. It breaks my heart to think that she was suffering in silence. I hope she is quite comfortable now.  I have read your profile, and I am so sorry that the prognosis is not good for your mum. I really am so terribly sorry.  This lockdown has been terribly cruel for families that live so far away, I hope you are able to see your mum, and spend some quality time together. 

It is very scary when a family member receives a cancer diagnoses, and the fear of what is ahead, but talking to others who are in a similar situation to yourself does help you through this difficult time.  Along with this group,  there is also 3 diffierent support forums on the community you can join.

Family and friends 

Carers only

supporting someone with incurable cancer group

You will find several people there who are going through a similar situation to yourself.  You can also call the Macmillan support helpline for support 7 days a week from 8am til 8pm on 0808 808 00 00 

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Aww that’s lovely