Possible vulvar cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello all,

I noticed a lump deep under the skin in between by labia Majora and minora on one side about 7 months ago, my GP shrugged it off as an ingrown hair or a cyst which I was sure it wasn't. Then a couple of weeks ago I noticed there was a bright red growth there which was bleeding. This time GP made an urgent referral to gynae who said she'd never seen a lump like it! She's removed the whole lump and sent it for testing as she suspects cancer. 

For those of you who've been diagnosed (and especially since the COVID-19 outbreak), how long did it take for you to get results back from the biopsy please?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you have a suspected cancer and I know what an anxious time waiting for results is.

As I didn't have the same type of biopsy as you I don't know what the normal wait time is. You could give your consultant's secretary a call and ask her what the normal wait time currently is. It usually depends on how busy the path labs are in your area of the country.

Do come back and let us all know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

sorry your going through this it’s such an awful condition. I had 9 months of misdiagnosis too. Luckily I went to the GUM clinic this is where I was told it could be cancer. I had VIN 3. I had surgery and Aldara. It took 3 weeks to get my biopsy results and 4 weeks to get my surgery results. Chasing the results with consultants secretary does help. 
    Take care 

Jane45 x