VIN diagnosed by Colposcopy without biopsy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 18 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all, I am a newbie and this is all very scary for me. As I am sure for you all 

I saw my gp 2 weeks ago after a telephone appointment with her where we discussed my itching vulvar/labia and a degree of incontinence. I constantly wear liners for this and thought that was causing the itch 

My GP sent me on fast track referral to gynecologist for a colposcopy. 

The consultant said I have Vin and a wart. Which need removing. 

He said it is too large an area to do that day and I would have to go back and have the surgery under general anaesthetic.

I didn't ask enough questions sadly, only asked if my partner would need to be tested,  thinking jeez have I got an Sti?

Didn't take it all in and now very confused. 

Been reading stuff and realise that I don't know which number VIN and how come they did not do a biopsy.

Oh please help someone. Thanks for reading 

• Hello Joanx

Sorry to hear you find yourself here. I do not have personal experience of this but I didn't want to read and run as no one has yet replied to your post and you sound worried. You have had a bit of a shock and are trying to find out more facts. The best people to ask are your own medical team as they know your individual situation. You could write down a list of questions to ask next time you see them and could also contact your GP for more support. You have been seen promptly and you are being treated soon which is good. Stay away from Dr Google. The Ask an expert section on here is good and the helpline is open from 8am to 8pm. The Eve Appeal is a good place to go for more information and support on VIN. I hope this is helpful. Waiting for treatment and test results is a stressful time and it is difficult not knowing the exact facts of your situation. Once your team can tell you the exact grade of VIN and you start treatment you will probably have more peace of mind.

Big hugs

A x

A
  • Hi 

This happened to me in 2010. I would imagine they will remove the area then have it tested to find out

which stage it is.

Miss G

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joan, 

it is always good to start with your team regarding information you may get a clinic letter soon which will explain what grade of VIN air might be worth ringing your GP as sometimes they get an electronic copy of the letter sent. I would imagine it’s 2 or 3 as they have advised surgery but did they discuss the immunotherapy cream? I had a wide local excision in March and had Aldara to treat the positive margins. I’ve never had anything like this before so was in complete shock. The consultant said it could of been laying dormant for years and something has just triggered it. I have been going through a lot lately. Private message me if you want more information. I think you have to friend request me. 

Jane45 x

• Hi Joanx,

It sounds as if your consultant recognised it as VIN and wants to biopsy it under anaesthetic to be able to give you a definitive answer also very often a ‘wart’ is a VIN lesion which will be removed and biopsied also.Are you in the UK or USA? This is a UK site but there are lots of Americans on here,treatments vary between countries. I would try not to worry at this stage and wait for more information which I am sure will be coming. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone.  Thank you for your nice comments. 

I am booked in for surgery on Monday 12th. Pre assessment by phone this Wednesday. 

I'm not sure what to think, say or do right now 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to JaneAustenfan

Thank you I'm having surgery next monday. Hopefully know more soon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Good luck xx

• FormerMember

Good luck with surgery on Monday . Take care x

• FormerMember