Triple negative breast cancer

• 33 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi all , 

I am fresh from a diagnosis yesterday with triple negative breast cancer . Still shocked to be honest . Treatment plan is surgery , chemo then radiation . 
have an appointment with the surgeon again on Tuesday to decide whether a lumpectomy or mastectomy. 
is there anyone of you going through this currently or have been through it ?

thanks

• I am sure I would be to . Trying hard to put that bit out of my mind for now . Wish I could offer words of experience for you . Good luck , will send good positive thoughts to you on Monday 

take care 

x

• I had my first chemo yesterday.  Very uptight but the staff were great. I opted for the cold cap.  I knew it would add 11/2 hours onto the treatment but with the train strike we needed to let the traffic die down. The jury is out on whether it works. However I will have tried.  If you try it make sure your earrings are out and take a head cover for when you leave. Those used to the treatment did this.  Slightly washed out but it was a long day.   Lots of hugs

ricki
  • Unless the nurses manage to convince me otherwise I've decided not to try the cold cap . I've been told there's only a 50/50 chance of it working and, as I've got a nice wig and some head covers, I've decided I'd rather spend less time in the hospital and also not endure the very cold feeling on my head. It was a big decision as I had long hair, now cut into a bob, but I quite like the new look Slight smile

Hope you feeling better today.

Sending (((hugs))) back

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Positive thoughts coming your way for today . Hope all goes well ( if that’s the right expression) . Let me know how you are ?

x

• Thanks . My appointment is this afternoon and I'll let you know how it went xx

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

Just had a phone call from the hospital to say they're delaying the start of my chemo by a week because my blood tests show my liver function isn't as good as they'd like it to be.

x

Community Champion Badge

• That must be awful , all that anticipation !! Good though that they have picked up on it . Fingers crossed for all to be well for you next week . X

• Oh what a disappointment.  How does one improve your liver function?  What a journey we are on

ricki
  • Hi Moira

I have just realised that I didn't explain why I went for a double mastectomy. As a BRAC 2 carrier I have been having annual mammograms for the last 5 years.  A lumpectomy would not remove this surveillance. So I resolved it with a double mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction. Not everyone's choice but it is right for me.  It doesn't remove chemo but I feel that I will be able to get on with my life in a more positive way. No longer the annual worry and hoping all is well.

Take care

ricki
  • I have just been told to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.

Community Champion Badge