pt 1 testicular cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi guys

So sorry to post this here, and it seems so vain and crass, but I'm not sure what my diagnosis means and I'm not sure whether to try and claim on my critical illness cover, all I understand so far is that pt1 is the best news I could have, and I'm delighted with it.but with regard to an insurance claim the wording is so complex and confusing I don't think I have a hope in hell. Has anyone managed to claim successfully? Sorry to offend anyone,I know there are a lot worse issues period are dealing with.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

hi

carcinoma is NON seminoma

sending you this link and my best wishes for full recovery (it is promised in this cancer)

http://www.healthcommunities.com/testicular-cancer/types.shtml

• FormerMember

With respect carcinoma is simply a word for a cancerous mass.

Look it up in any dictionary.

• FormerMember

Hi guys,

I know it's not all about the money, it certainly takes your mind off things though.and in delighted with the pt1 diagnosis of my tumour. Just for clarification, my policy from Aviva states that. Any malignant tumor positively diagnosed with histological confirmation, characterised by the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells and invasion of tissue. It's the invasion of tissue i think I fall down on because the nurse mentioned the tissue was clear.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi
    My hubby was recently paid out his critical illness policy from Aviva. We filled out a form and left the rest to the Consultant so didn't really need to get involved. My hubby had teratoma and 1 lymph node, 1.5cm at the back of his abdomen. He's due to have RPLND on 29th Oct.
    I don't think you will have any problem getting paid out.......however it's classified, it's malignant cancer.
    Good luck
  • FormerMember

I didn't know RPLND was common in the UK. Maybe they only offer it to people with private healthcare.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    We do not have private healthcare. This is offered to men who have Teratoma that has spread to lymph nodes and not responded to Bep chemo. Our consultant has told us that what is left is potentially benign at present but could degenerate in the future so best to remove to ensure a cure.
  • FormerMember

Well, I'm delighted to inform everyone. The insurance paid out. Didn't think they would, but they did. So heed my advice, if you have critical illness cover. Claim claim claim, this is why you pay it, and the insurance companies won't bat an eye lid when it comes to increasing your premiums.I had a pt1 tumour with no tissue invasion I got off lightly compared to a lot of people, and they paid out. On a lighter note, I had my first surveillance appointment today, and everything is fine, bloods are all normal, just a ct scan in January now.

• FormerMember

Glad you claimed. I'm under the impression that it says the invasion of tissue to eliminate other growths. If you had a cancer which was T1, it will have invaded the tissue, even if it hasn't invaded the tissue surrounding the tumour. I'm currently waiting for results of a claim from L & G and have a similar tumour to yourself but a T1 seminoma. The oncologist told me it is invasive, even if it didn't invade the surrounding tissue.  A tumour is invasive. 

• FormerMember

Correct, seminoma is invasive.  T1 seminoma will pay out.  The only thing related to TC that is often excluded from these policies is ITGCN (Intra tubular germ cell neoplasia) aka carcinoma in situ which is the non invasive precursor cell abnormality for TC and isn't in itself counted as a cancer.

• FormerMember

Hi guys

After reading all the post here it looks like you do get paid for pt1 seminoma. I was diagnosed with TC 2 weeks ago. My case is classical seminoma, no spread anywhere. I did put d claim. My insurance company Irish Life state that  "Any malignant tumour positively diagnosed with histological confirmation and characterised by uncontrolled growth of malignant cells and invasion of tissue". Will I get paid ? Should I have any hopes? I'm leaving in Ireland, will it be different to UK? Thanks