pt 1 testicular cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi guys

So sorry to post this here, and it seems so vain and crass, but I'm not sure what my diagnosis means and I'm not sure whether to try and claim on my critical illness cover, all I understand so far is that pt1 is the best news I could have, and I'm delighted with it.but with regard to an insurance claim the wording is so complex and confusing I don't think I have a hope in hell. Has anyone managed to claim successfully? Sorry to offend anyone,I know there are a lot worse issues period are dealing with.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

You should get paid under critical illness cover, your case fits the criteria you outline.  Seminoma is both malignant and invasive.  I can't see why living in Ireland would make any difference at all.

• FormerMember

I couldn’t agree more. I had seminoma and although it might not be invasive to your tissue. It is still an invasive cancer and they should pay out (and did for me). When they ask, tell them it’s cancerous seminoma which is invasive. Speak to your consultant he will be able to tell them the right details. 

• FormerMember

Hi,  

has anyone had a payout from hsbc or Aviva for a pt1 ro? 

• Can’t comment on specific insurers - but they all should pay out.

thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Thanks oddball! Was diagnosed with Embryonal carcinoma pt1. I know that hsbc say positively diagnosed malignant tumour, which of course it is. But it’s just the uncertainty of it all!  

• Hi i am have had surgery and been diagnosed with seminoma stage 1, i have an insurance policy with aviva and royal London but i think i will have trouble as the doctor said it wasn't invasive was this the case with you? who was your insurance with if you dont mind me asking?

• If it’s been staged as Stage 1 then the insurance should pay out, mine certainly did. The only exclusion is normally the pre-cancerous ‘carcinoma in situ’.  I am guessing you doc meant that your tumour hadn’t yet invaded any other structures beyond the location it started.

• Thank you for your reply the diagnosis is right testicular mass, right inguinal orchidectomy, pt1 classical seminoma, when i asked my consultant he said he has a back log of 3-4 months of insurance papers he has to do so im guessing i will have to wait it out. i had my chemo today that was an eye opener.

• Hey Wayne, how did you get on?