Oncology appointment out of the blue

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi all.

I am under surveillance after having surgery 5 months ago. I had a CT scan  3 weeks ago and never received a letter about the results how ever I have received a appointment for next week with oncology. Anyone had this happen to them and any idea what to expect. When I was told I was under surveillance they never said anything about any future appointments so this one is abit out of the blue and has me abit worried.

Thank you

• Jim,

Im sure it’s nothing to worry about. You’ll have regular appointments throughout your 5 year remission for blood tests, CT scan results and to just have a quick overall chat. 

Mike 

• Hi. Yes completely normal. In my experience your surveillance scans and bloods will be scheduled pretty well, but scheduling of the follow up calls will be chaotic. You should get a call after each event, but it's usually a quick chat about the results, a bit of a chat about how you're feeling about things generally, and if all is well it's over in a few minutes. I do get the impression that if anything is amiss in the results they would call you immediately.

Best wishes

G