Aftermath. 4 years on. K

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 12 subscribers

From 2013 until 2016 I unfortunately set some kind of record for recurrences.  1st op, then carboplatin, then 4 more ops, then BEP - then 5 weeks of Radiotherapy which finally drew a line under an unhappy time.  So all good.  Last radiotherapy treatment was sep 2016 and I’ve been free ever since.  
Now, following the savage effects of the radiotherapy I have to have a circumcision to remove badly damaged and scarred tissue.  
This is scaring the hell out of me and I wondered if anyone else had undergone same?  Thoughts, questions, suggestions all welcome.  

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear how much you've had to deal with over the last few years and now you have another procedure to deal with.

I typed 'circumcision' into the search bar in this group to see if anyone had mentioned it previously who I could put you in touch with but, unfortunately, yours was the only post. However, I did find quite a few posts in the penis cancer group including one from Lakesman just 2 months ago. If you click on his name the link will take you to his profile. From there click on 'Latest Activity' and his most recent post mentions circumcision. You could respond to him to ask questions about the procedure, etc.  

When you have a minute it would be useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks Latchbrook.  I’ll take you up on your suggestions.  Hoping my experience(s) can benefit ANYONE in ANY way possible.  Best wishes, Marcus - JustADad. 

• Hi justadad,

I sat down to type a response to you on a couple of  occasions, with no helpful advice!  Other than an idle curiosity into circumcision!!  Main motivation was more to say, yours has been a harder journey than most to getting into that 95%, respect, and Thumbsup 

take care 

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Dan. Cheers man.  Respect to all and every battler too.  Be safe:) x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow. I suppose a lot of us who have so far been treated and recovered without recurrence need to thank you for taking one for the team. I am truly sorry you have gone through what you have, but am glad you are though the other side.

I was circumcised as a kid but it has a whole lot of benefits. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

More than happy to look at it as a team effort. :). Best wishes,  Marcus.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

The big snip day arrived.  NOT to be recommended.  Hoping that the mess that they have created will calm down quite shortly and permanently over the next few weeks. For now though,I’m dealing with extreme pain and discomfort as well as swelling from the original operation, because the decision was taken to dilate my water pipe, which had been crushed by the swelling from the original radiotherapy. It literally is a House of Cards this Cancer business.

• Hi dad,

hope all settling down, you won’t be serving any drinks for a while, for various reasons!  

take care

dan