My son is inside the theatre now

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

I am so feeling low and I need someone to speak to with similar situation. Is there any counselling after removal of testis that my son can go to. He is 22 and has low self esteem. He did not expect the operation will removed his testis and was shocked whilst surgeon was talking to him. Its a big thing for a young man to have his ball intact but now its gonna be removed just the left side.Nurse just told me he was so nervous when he went to the theatre. I need to know if there is a group where he can go to around Watford. He is also a shy person and for sure not gonna share things with friends and doesn't like them to find out. He might go to depression. His girlfriend is trying to message him earlier and asking him before op but he did not reply. Maybe too ashamed to respond. Please help.

• Hi thrip,

If you search around on this Macmillan site you should be able to find how to get in touch with Macmillan who have nurses and other help groups that will be able to offer support to both you and your son. They are very good.

take care

dan