Bilateral orchiectomy

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi guys, so it's looking like I'm going to lose both the little fellas.

How many of you here have been in the same boat?

What pain can I expect with no testicles?

When I lost the one, my remaining one kept hurting, and now I'm going to lose the remaining one, surely it can no longer hurt.

Can the orchiectomy surgery leave us in pain permanently?

• Hi, it certainly isn’t common to face losing both testicles. I had my second orchidectomy last year and struggled to find good information on what to expect. 

Your question is quite specific and best answered by your surgeon who can guide you.

personally, I did experience initial discomfort after the orchidectomy that took some time to settle, but now I have no discomfort and normal sexual function. 

one of the most important considerations is testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Some is available through the NHS and you should be directed towards the options. Be mindful that it is a process that can take time to get right for you. Do not hesitate to explore your options openly with the the team, or consider one of the private TRT clinics in the UK which can provide you with other options if you decide that this is best for you. TRT is a lifelong investment to truly optimise your health and well-being. It is worth the time taken to determine the most suitable option for you. 

If it is any reassurance life can be quite normal after a bilateral orchidectomy. Some celebrities who have faced this include ‘Furious Pete’ and ‘Dr Glaucomflecken’ (not his real name, he is a doctor on America who produces a lot of short comedy videos about the American Healthcare System). 

I am not sure if it helps you to know of these people, but it helped to normalise it for me. 

wishing you all the best!

• I am sorry to see it has been 1 month since you posted your question. I have just joined this forum today and realised that you may be after some more specific information. 

I hope if you have had your operation that you are recovering well and I am sorry to hear that you have had to have your remaining testicle removed. 

further to my previous message I can share a more specific experience with you in case you are experiencing similar discomfort. During the recovery phase after the second orchidectomy I did experience what I can only describe as ‘phantom like pain’ where it felt like my left testicle was still there and painful. This completely disappeared with time and I truly have no discomfort there. 

I did experience some nerve damage to the ilioinguinal nerve which my surgeon informed me about post operatively. It caused a patch of altered sensation (increased sensitivity and numbness on my upper middle left thigh and left side of the scrotum). The sensation is much better now and I don’t notice it. 

I hope this helps! And again, all the very best!