Hello

• 14 replies
  • 30 subscribers

In August I was diagnosed with T4 N0 M1 ( peritoneal disease adenocarcinoma of the stomach ( linitis) ,CPS and HER2 .

The stomach lining is thickening and the term used is Linitis plastica  . The Ct scan showed the entire stomach lining is thickening.consistant with features of Linitis and peritoneal disease of pelvis 

This type of cancer is not curable / resectable . 

The prognosis is months  Since my 1st ct scan in July my cancer has not grown and my symptoms are stable ,so given I am still healthy enough ...

I have opted for to try Capox chemotherapy plus Herceptin.  

I am wondering if anyone else either has this type of stomach cancer ,? 

And if anyone else is opted for palliative chemotherapy  and or Herceptin 

I hope this makes sense 

• I’m so sorry to hear of your diagnosis…you’ve come to the right place for some support … I can’t answer your question for you as I had stage 4 signet ring and had FLOT chemotherapy… I do hope someone on here can help you some how and are able to share some experiences with you…

Take care 

Michele 

• Thank you for reply .. can I ask if your treatment is palliative chemotherapy as again finding others in similar position isn't easy . 

• Hi, no it wasn’t palliative chemotherapy… I had chemotherapy x 4 then my stomach removed then chemo x 4 afterwards last year. 
    I do hope you find someone that is in the same position as you soon. 
    I’m here if you want to chat anytime. 
    Michele 

• I have been to st oswalds Hospice here in the north east , I am hoping I can join a support group they have for other women in palliative stage  of cancer for peer support.  Hoping to hear next week 

• Awww that sounds good… that will a great support for you.. 

• Hi I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  There have been others who have had the same treatment and the same type of stomach cancer.  If you put the key words into the Search at the top of the page, you can read their posts.

The best group for support is the one for those who are living with incurable cancer 

Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only 

There are really lovely people who are living well, despite incurable prognosis.  Macmillan will provide great support and advice and if you have a local Maggie’s Centre do make contact with them.

Take care x

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thankyou I have made request to join the group

• Hi, I have the same stomach cancer diagnosis as you do, linitis with peritoneal and omental disease T4N1M1. I’m 34 and had been diagnosed Nov 2022. Had an ileostomy done due to bowel obstruction and was advised that I am no longer eligible to have surgery as the consultants deemed it to be no longer beneficial. I had undergone 6 cycles of palliative chemotherapy Capecitabine and Oxaliplatin to be exact, as what was suggested by my consultants in Imperial. I did not know that there were other options to receive other types of chemotherapy drugs. I was also tested for immunotherapy however, I was also not compatible to receive it. Currently, I am trying to look for a second opinion, one that would risk doing a total gastrectomy in the hopes to relieve me from my symptoms as though the ct scan shows that the stomach lining is thinning however, the pain and discomfort continues. And its difficult for them to really determine the peritoneal disease as the consultant say that I am too thin. Had undergone radiotherapy due to suspected lesion in the spine. 

Let’s continue to fight and hope for the best. 

• How wonderful to hear from some one i else with my diagnosis ..can't type fast enough   such a relief to hear from you.

• I will respond later as going out