Hello

• 14 replies
  • 30 subscribers

In August I was diagnosed with T4 N0 M1 ( peritoneal disease adenocarcinoma of the stomach ( linitis) ,CPS and HER2 .

The stomach lining is thickening and the term used is Linitis plastica  . The Ct scan showed the entire stomach lining is thickening.consistant with features of Linitis and peritoneal disease of pelvis 

This type of cancer is not curable / resectable . 

The prognosis is months  Since my 1st ct scan in July my cancer has not grown and my symptoms are stable ,so given I am still healthy enough ...

I have opted for to try Capox chemotherapy plus Herceptin.  

I am wondering if anyone else either has this type of stomach cancer ,? 

And if anyone else is opted for palliative chemotherapy  and or Herceptin 

I hope this makes sense 

• I have seen only a few here who has the same type of stomach cancer as we do.. but I have not encountered anyone yet that had undergone surgery. Hopefully we can be one of the first. 
    Good luck in your treatment. 

• So my journey continues 

Update after my scan this week Dec 2023

The results from the scan show that the  CAPOX and Herceptin treatment is working . The thickening of my stomach lining is thinning . TBH I was prepared for 2 options: 

Option 1 1st the treatment  is not working , 

Option 2  showing stability 

I really wasn't prepared for a 3rd Option that the thickening was thinning . 

So based on the results I am continuing the treatment and will then get a further scan in March once the chemo cycle .

So the journey down my river continues and I am now making a new bucket list for the next 3 month

Take care everyone and all the best

Christine

• How are things going for you now? 

My family member completed reduced dose of chemo folfax over the summer, cancer has not spread but surgeon consultant today informed her she is too frail for surgery   linitis plastica she has no pain but 2 teaspoons of dinner and she is full.  So difficult to watch this. 

• I am doing well .completed 5 cycles of capox in February and since then I have continued with a targeted therapy herceptin.  I get 3 monthly scans to see if things remain stable .  My cancer has always been inoperable so no chance of removing I am taking each day as a blessing 

Sending love to you and your family member