Surgery date

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I just thought I’d update as I know some people were following my journey. Had my CT scan last week post FLOT. Amazing results as it stated grossly normal organs, no free fluid, no ascites, no abnormal lymph nodes and a reduction in the thickening seen where my tumour is! 

I met my surgeon yesterday in London. They’re going to perform my surgery 29/7 so about 5 weeks since I completed chemo. I’m feeling really healthy and great, if I didn’t know I had cancer you wouldn’t know! Then following that I’ll commence chemo again in 6-8 weeks. The plan is to be scanned every 6 months following for 2 years, then yearly for the last 3 years until I hopefully get to 5 years! 

• I’m really pleased for you Chloe, it makes such a difference to your outlook, you can now look forward to the future and saying goodbye to cancer, I have my 3rd post op FLOT tomorrow so only one more to go before I ring that bell Bell.

Keep your spirits up and let us know how things are going xx

• Thanks so much Jane! Ahhh so exciting I bet you can’t wait! How have you been finding eating during the last chemo?xx

• Hi, I’m just about eating normally and snacks in between, my weight is stable and I’ve only lost 6lb since the operation and some of that is due to reducing my sugar intake to avoid dumping syndrome, was a right chocoholic before.

if I can, you can, when they tell you after the op you’re cancer free it’s an amazing surreal feeling, good luck, I utilised that book to get back on track with eating, preparing food and freezing small portions 

Go kick its ass love xx

• Chloe 

That is great news! So pleased that the chemo has done its job and you’re feeling so well!

Preparing physically and mentally for surgery is the next step! I found it really helped me to feel in control particularly in how to manage eating after surgery!

Good luck and thanks for sharing such a positive message for those going through this! Xx

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• hugs and huge congratulations Chloe! You're in the very best hands xx

Knowledge makes us stronger. Research, question, share and demand more from your doctors. Read my profile for my dad's stage IV story.