Total gastrectomy - nausea and fomies

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all,

I went through a total gastrectomy 4 weeks ago. In the first days I thought I was doing well by eating samll quantities and often, pain was going away. About 5 days ago, I started to vomit a white foam after drinking sips of water ( no food or water) and it was more a spit in the end but causes a lot of pain. Couple cases I believe it had a bit of bile. I'll so sensitive to smell and causes nausea easily. I'm always too tired. I'm already eating reallly small portions and drinking sips of water in a different time than food. I'm concerned because I'm drinking something around 4 oz of water only and the nausea and constant vomit is draining all my energies. Is it something you guys experienced as well?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you've been vomiting a lot lately and that you're constantly feeling tired. Have you spoken to your CNS about this? If you're unable to get through to her you could speak to one of the nurses on the Macmillan Support Line by phoning 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and they're available every day from 8am to 8pm.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"