Newbie son with Synovial Sarcoma in left lower leg

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Currently on a 21 day cycle. He is on day 3 of round 3 of chemo. This should have been last week but a pneumothorax put this back a week whilst surgery was done on that. We were told that after round 4 he will hopefully be having surgery and this is likely to include amputation.  We were also told the sarcoma has made impressive improvement, can anyone give any positive advice for a worried emotional mum whi so far has had no support  Being strong for my young adult son has now taken its toll on me. Thankyou

• Hello NikkiJa

I am really sorry to hear that your son has a sarcoma on his leg. I am a Mum too and can not imagine how hard it would be to experience him going through similar. 

I hope that he has not been having too many side effects from the chemo but it sounds like there has been a good improvement and I suppose that is something to try to focus on. The amputation sounds tough but I am sure that it would not be considered if it was not very necessary. I hope that he is coping and is having plenty of support from his CNS and medical team.

I am sorry that you have not had more support. It is natural to try to be strong for your son but you are important too and need to be supported so that you can be there for him. Have you got any family and friends around to help? I can recommend the Support Line if you feel that would help. The details are below. 

We also have a forum on here that may be of help and I will pop a link below.

Family and friends of people with cancer forum | Macmillan Online Community

I will also pop a link to some general information that may help and it has details of other ways to contact Macmillan.

Supporting someone with cancer | Macmillan Cancer Support

I am sorry that you are both going through this and appreciate it can be difficult at this time of year. If there is anything else you need, please do reach out. I wish your son the best for the rest of his treatment and I hope that things improve for both of you soon.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm