Awaiting answers

• 19 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi I’m currently awaiting answers for a large hard lump in muscle of right femur. I’ve had ultrasound, bloods and mri. On Fri I’ll have biopsy and see consultant. The pain used to be an ache at night but it’s now more severe and affects me in daytime too. I’m scared but want to know what I’m facing or if I’m worrying for nothing. Thanks in advance for any replies. 

• Sending you lots of strength Morgyn, will you be seeing anyone else before 17th? Hope you are managing to eat and sleep ok x

• Oh April, your daughter is so lucky to have you, I so wish my mum was around to help me, we lost her to covid in 2021, support is everything at a time like this isn’t it. Is Oxford easy for you to get to? 
    im not looking forward to the biopsy on Tuesday, but I guess it’s got to happen to be able to move out of this limbo stage and begin the healing. 
    I feel like my tumour has grown too, mine is visible on my shoulder, the pain has changed and weakness in my arm, along with grinding and lots of clicking when I move my shoulder, it’s so scary to think what could be happening inside x

• I hope the biopsy goes ok, they’ll numb everything so you’ll be ok.  Good luck, will be thinking of you.x

• Hi how are you doing? Daughter currently awaiting CT scan results following end of radiotherapy in December.  Next clinic in Oxford - about an hours drive - on 23rd.

• Hi I’m doing well thanks. Had op Jan 17. Margins clear. Clips and drains now out. Getting used to my knee brace. Next step physio and radiotherapy. 

• That’s great news.  Speedy recovery.x

• Hi April, I’ve had a diagnosis of stage 4 melanoma now, with no primary site in my skin, so I had no chance of catching it before stage 4…..I didn’t ask where it has spread to, I need to remain positive and armed with that info I’m not sure I would be, I do know it’s on my liver though…..my team at The Royal Marsden are amazing, beyond belief….we are going for a cure! That’s the sort of info I need! I started immunotherapy last Thursday 

how is your daughter doing? The 23rd isn’t to far away is it, but the wait for something life changing like this is very hard to deal with. And how are you doing? My dad isn’t coping very well x

• Hi Claire sorry to hear your diagnosis.  Your team sound like they’re pulling out all the stops with treatment so trust them, you’re in good hands.  I hope the side effects aren’t too uncomfortable .  I’m ok, counselling going well!  My dad now very unwell so running to lots of appointments with him.  Testing for bowel cancer & said they won’t treat him - he’s 89 & been very fit until last October.  Sending positive vibes to you.

Sharon x