Lung mets

• 16 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all

i have 2 small lung mets for angio sarcoma I’ve had 10 paclitaxol chemo and had a Ct scan on Monday and have another 10 chemo to go.  I am scared the chemo doesn’t work and hasn’t stabilised as I am so exhausted all the time 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

I relate to your exhaustion but remember chemo really makes you tired and your body's immune system is constantly fighting cancer which also leaves you tired out...its a tiredness that cant be explained unless experienced.

Having a CT brings all our worries to the fore...I have tiny lung mets and I worry too but I mainly look for symptoms of coughing, breathlessness etc. Rather than tiredness as I know I'll be tired after lots of treatment. I find making time for a rest on busier days helps. Wishing you all the best for your scan results fellow Annie xxx

• Are you having chemo at present, how long have you had lung mets

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Annie1974

I was diagnosed in December and they have been there from the start. I had chemo jan to march then radiotherapy daily until end of May on my pelvic primary so no treatment on lungs currently and scan  due shortly x

• So have you not been operated on,? My primary was removed in my back last September did 30 radiotherapy November to January, my nets have been there since diagnosis as well so now having chemo to hope for stability then hopefully removal 

• FormerMember

Hi no I wasnt able to have surgery. You've had lots of treatment and are bound to be tired....x

• FormerMember

Hi Annie just wanted to share my scan result that has shown stability for lung mets. The primary tumour appears as dead tissue but it will take time for it to shrink so the next scan will check that. I hope you are getting along ok x

• That’s great news, my scan showed reduction on my lung met so hopefully it continues 

• FormerMember

Brilliant! I'm sure it will continue...stay positive x

• Hi Annie thanks for your reply on other post regarding diet , I was asking due to my sister been more than likely diagnosed with this , and ct showing 3 nodules on lungs . How are your lungs doing now are you manage to continue a normal life ? Any reply is very welcomed . Thankyou 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Keeb

Hi my lungs have been stable from the start though 2 nodules have grown 2mm in a year. Any growth each 3 monthly scan under 2mm is considered stable disease. They are now thinking the other 6 are benign as they have never altered. Never had any symptoms as all are very small. I think once you are stage 4 its fatigue that is the symptom...some good days and some when I'm very tired. Is your sister just being assessed? Hoping for a good outcome for her x