Frustrated

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Told I had secondaries in lung and liver in May. After inconclusive liver biopsy,  told in June not to expect cure as " it's already  all over". Referred to QE Bham  " who have a plan"  Told July 19th no surgery  possible,  refer to oncology.  10 days later , check in with Macmillan  nurse who took notes at session with surgeon " you've been referred to Royal Stoke " Check with them " Oncologist on holiday" Check again today " you were referred to  wrong doctor,  paperwork needs checking   appointment  will be generated"

I  am guessing my prognosis is in months not years and 3 have gone. 

I have no treatment plan, no named doctor to refer to, no support .

I think I my symptoms are getting worse  but I  could be anxious,  imagining  things, no body is monitoring  me. It's  3 months since the chest xrays...when do they get repeated? 

I wanted to be positive but it's  increasingly  hard

• Hi and a warm welcome to the Online Community. Having read you post my heart goes out to you - it's hard enough for you at times like this without being shoved from pillar to post and feeling that you're getting nowhere fast. When you're anxious every single unexpected twinge makes you imagine the worst so I sympathise with your situation.

I have a different type of cancer to you so I'm not much help here either but I'm going to flag the Community Champ of this group and I'm sure he'll be along soon to offer support.

If you want to chat to Macmillan Support their number is shown below.

Sending hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett