myxoid liposarcoma

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi! I want to share my story in the hopes of learning positive stories from others, and potential options. 

I was diagnosed with myxoid liposarcoma in May 2023, underwent 25 radiation treatments and a resection. Followed by a serious infection, 3 IND’s and a TFL subcutaneous skin flap surgery. Fast forward to June 2024 and I was diagnosed with metastatic myxoid liposarcoma, a recurrence. I’m undergoing treatment with doxorubicin. Further testing will occur for genomic profiling and most effective treatment options.

However, I want to learn what I can from others who have been through the same or similar. I am in Canada and have learned that in many ways we’re a bit behind in treatment options. 

G

• Evening from the UK. I am early into Diognosis of extra skeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma, had an mri today to check for spread since July when I was first scanned and am due a ct soon then surgery and recovery. I wish you all the luck and best wishes in your journey. I am finding that sarcoma is just as rare as they say, as finding similar cases are few and far between. Happy to chat here in Wales x