It’s back, in the same lung. Chemo questions.

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi all,

I had a primary sarcoma tumour removed from my right lung last November. A CT scan done in January came back clear and a PET scan done last week showed 3 new tumours, still in the right lung. It also showed a few cancerous cells on my kidney. I am now going to start chemo, a combination of 2 drugs and strong dose of the stuff as I am young. 

I don’t know anyone who has been through chemo so have no clue what to expect. I would also like to hear from people who have had chemo for recurrence in the lung - how did your body respond? I want to hear it all: the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with me.

• Hi  

Although I can't help with your questions I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again. 

I'm sure a forum member will be along soon to share their experience with you.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I'm on my fourth treatment with doxirubicin.  I'm having it every three weeks for six cycles and am waiting on mid treatment PET scan results to see how it's working.

Side effects for me is have chemo Friday and it hits me mid afternoon on Sunday and I'm exhausted till Wednesday (freezer microwave meals and lots of sleep) after that I perk up and can do a bit round the house.  Not really had much nausea but my hair all fell out (but I'd buzz cut it prior to starting treatment anyway).  I wear wigs (shein ones are pretty great) and I have 12 different ones to match to my outfits.