Treatment plan

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

My husband has a de differentiated liposarcoma in his stomach. Only way forward is palliative chemotherapy which will be a 3 weekly injection of trabectedin and 3 weekly doxorubicin has anyone else had this treatment. Did you have to stay in hospital whilst it was administered. Now did you feel afterwards and what were the worst side effects? Absolutely dreading it for him.

• Hi  

MY wife has Leiomyosarcoma, hers having started in her womb (probably) but now scattered through her lungs. She initially had doxorubicin and it was quite effective but caused a lung to collapse - worked well in knocknig back the cancer but caused a lung to collapse. That was fixable and eventually they tried gemcatabin and in her case it has rendered her cancer stable - we have been in that position now for the last 10 years - living with rather than dying from cancer. In her case with just doxyrubicin she had outpatient appointments that lasted probably less than 2-3 hours.

Janice has very classic hair loss with doxyrubicin and suffered some from nausea but other than that mostly felt ok.

It can be helpful to look at our pages on chemotherapy.

In Oxford they have a card to carry giving the triage number if there are any issues with the chemotherapy. Janice had a couple of times when she developed a high termperature and ended up being admitted for inter-venous antibiotic treatments.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• It is with great sadness to report my husband died on Friday never having got to his chemotherapy appointment. It was 3 months from diagnosis to death. We as a family are devastated at the speed this took him.

• Hi  

My thoughts are with you at this time.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge