Spindle cell sarcoma

• 9 replies
  • 15 subscribers

I have metastasis sarcoma in both my lungs I have an opportunity to have chemotherapy but my oncologist doesn’t know how effective it will be as it is very rare 

Does anyone know of anyone who has had chemotherapy with this condition please 

• Hello Bungalow bill

I hope you do not mind me replying as I had a different type of cancer to you but I noticed no one had replied yet and thought by responding, it will move your post back to the top of the forum and someone with more experience of your type of cancer will see it.

I am sorry to see that you have got metastatic sarcoma in your lungs but it is good that your oncologist is considering treatment options. It is harder sometimes when you have a rarer cancer for them to know how you will respond to specific treatments. I had a rarer type of womb cancer called carcinoma sarcoma and did have chemotherapy last year. 

I wonder if it would be worth giving the support line a quick call and asking to speak with one of the nurses? They maybe able to give you some advice? The number is at the bottom of this.

You could alternatively post in the Ask a Nurse section on here, although they may take up to 3 days to respond. I will pop a link here in case you want to do this.

Ask a Nurse - Macmillan Online Community

Hope this helps a bit, but hopefully someone will now see your post and respond

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you very helpful 

• Hi   my wife has Leiomyosarcoma secondaries in her lungs and has two types of chemotherapy. The first was effective - perhaps too much so as the side effects created something of a problem in it's own right. The second however seems to have sent the cancer to sleep - no evidence of progression now for about 7 years - stable is good.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou gives me hope 

• Hi Bill, I have mets in my pelvis which are inoperable. I have leiomyosarcoma. I’ve had 3 doses of doxorubicin which was unsuccessful and in fact they doubled in size. I am now on Gem/Tax and hoping for a positive outcome. I wish you well and hope you get the appropriate treatment. 

• I do hope the gem/tax works for you thank you for your support keep going Thumbsup

• Hiya, I was diagnosed with grade 3 spindle cell sarcoma appx 4 weeks ago. A tumour had been growing and I had proximal femoral and hip replacement and the tumour was removed, about a week after being told so it was operated very quickly at Stanmore orthopaedic hospital  and i should start chemo and radiotherapy in a few weeks. I also have lung mets. Was wondering, did you eventually have chemo? And if so, did it help? I'm getting so many conflicting stories about how it can help with lung mets and don't know what to believe. Thanks for reading 
  • Hi rich tea yes I have had 5 of 6 sessions of chemotherapy not sure what the outcome is yet, I will have a ct scan to confirm any changes in the next few weeks. I wasn’t going to have chemo but my oncologist said that I would not know anything if I didn’t have a go so I just gave it a go. Everyone’s cancer is different what works for others may not work for you, just get as much information about what is available and make a decision based on your opinion alone and stick to it, be positive fill your heart and mind with positive thoughts reach out to your god.

Hope this helps 

• Yes you are right about people reacting differently. I am 100% going to have the chemotherapy. I have so many people around me and I am also a very strong willed person and not much phases me so bring it on! This isn't gonna get get better of me for a long time yet! I'll keep this thread updated too. 

Many thanks for your reply Pray