Visit to Christie's

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

I was diagnosed with leiomyosarcoma in the uterus in June and had a total hysterectomy on the 13th July. The hystology came back grading it 1A stage 2 with evidence of lymphovascular space invasion. The sarcoma consultant said that it has all gone with no spread. If it did return it is usually in the first two years. Chemo and radiotherapy isn't affective with this kind of cancer. So it would just be palliative care. I will me monitored for the next 5-10 years with 3 monthly scans. He said I should consider myself in remission. I will have my first scan in November with a consultation a week later. So overall it's good news but I'm still going to have the possibility of relapse hanging over me. It is also extremely aggressive so we just have to hope for the best. Deb

• Hi Deb. That's absolutely wonderful news to read you're considered to be in remission but I get it that you're still got some misgivings worrying about a relapse - That's all part of this horrible disease. I'm waiting for chest X-ray results as I'm bothered about something and it's hell.

Please don't forget to let the ladies in the Womb group know as I noticed you've only posted here.

Sending big hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett